Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home repair classes?

2,139 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Oogway
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wondering were home repair classes would be offered? Like simple plumbing, repairing Sheetrock cracks, etc,

Looks like Home Depot offers some classes.

Any other ideas?
Martin Q. Blank
youtube
zooguy96
I'd actually like to take a class that's hands on. I'm not a visual learner.
p_bubel
What town?
zooguy96
Knoxville, TN.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I was thinking about starting a contracting company, and for labor, market the "classes" as workouts and charge millennials to join and work for me. They can even eat like day laborers, that's part of the gig.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Diggity
AG
You can call it "Big Event"
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Home Depot offers some classes, I've never joined, but I've seen them in action.

https://www.homedepot.com/workshops/#store/0730
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
You could also volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and get some pretty good hands on training.
BrazosDog02
AG
YouTube.

You learn skills like this from decades of fixing things. Leaks less to plumbing and solder work and eventually hanging drywall and how to remove sections properly to ease reinstall. You learn from watching others fail as well. There are simply too many aspects to home repair to be able to take a class on it.

When you have a problem, figure it out and move to the next one.

There is a home improvement board with many diy and pros that can also get you started in the right direction.
Oogway
BrazosDog02 said:

When you have a problem, figure it out and move to the next one.

There is a line that Matt Damon's character says towards the end of the movie, 'The Martian,' that resembles your suggestion. My husband is fond of it and that movie.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.