Real Estate
Sponsored by

Apartment takeover in Houston question

1,184 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jtraggie99
Tom Kazansky 2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need some advice. I am looking for someone to move into 2/2 for my bedroom and take over my lease in Houston.

I have this posted on roomie, roommate finder, craigslist, roommate match and all the bs sites.

I have had it up for a while with no hits. I am building a house with my fiance and trying to move into it in July.

Strange since this place is really cheap (less than $800 all inclusive for their part) and in the loop across the street from a costco and the edwards theatre in southwest houston. Also will only be for 6 months till January. There IS a 28M roommate. We really dont want to break the lease since he wants to live there. I guess I can pay the rent and the house note with all the crap, but it is a huge waste of money.

Has anyone had to do this and done something else besides what I am doing posting it online?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Are you offering any added incentive in your postings? Paying one of the months or something like that? Personally, I would have never taken a sublease with a roommate that I didn't know. Too many things to go wrong and conflicting personality types.
jtraggie99
AG
What does it cost you to break the lease? Have you looked? I bought a house almost a year and a half ago after renting for a few years. I had about 7-8 months left on my lease at the time. The way my lease read, I had to pay the equivalent of two months rent to leave early. As it would have it, my realtor paid the fee for me, so I was not out anything. Anyway, check your lease. There is a good chance there is a provision as to what happens should you have to leave early for any reason.

NM....re-read your post and what I stated probably doesn't apply given the roommate situation...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.