Real Estate
Sponsored by

House for lease in College Station (Emerald Forest)

3,800 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigJohn76
BigJohn76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 4 bed/2 bath house in Emerald Forest for lease starting August 2,2019. The house is about 75% furnished. I have owned it for over 10 years as my 3 sons have lived there while attending TAMU. All 3 have now graduated. I am looking to make a good deal with a couple to rent this house way below market. In exchange for leasing the house below market we would like to use the garage and upstairs bedrooms for home football games. The garage has a through the wall AC/heater. We like to come down and put on a great tailgate by Reed Arena. We are very responsible people and will give you an extra $100 for the Friday and Saturday nights we stay there. We are from the DFW area so we get there Friday late and are gone by noon Sunday. We are at the tailgate most of Saturday. This house should lease for at least $1600/month plus all utilities. I want to lease it for $1250/month and I pay for the DISH satellite service. The DISH TV service is worth over $100/month. We only come to 5 or 6 games per year. So we would be there only 10 or 12 nights in the Fall. The rest of the year the entire house is yours to use. It has a huge back yard with a lush Zoysia grass lawn. Just looking for some Aggies to help out another Aggie. Reply here or text me nine seven two six five eight ten eighty.
BigJohn1976
fulofenergy
This is a steal! I wish I hadn't just signed a lease somewhere else.
hopeandrealchange
Years ago when we lived in Emerald forest it was against the deed restrictions to lease your home. When did that change?
AgProgrammer
AG
Still is. We lived in Emerald Forest for 5 years until we sold last year. There have been multiple lawsuits/court cases between the HOA and homeowners who tried leasing their houses to college students. The court ruled in favor of the HOA and upheld the deed restrictions. Based on the description of this property, I'd even venture to guess this might have been one of the houses previously involved in a lawsuit. Lease holders beware...the college students living in one of those lease houses before were forced to move out mid-year, in the middle of their lease, when the court ruled in favor of the HOA.

All in all, I thought it was a good thing for that neighborhood. We enjoyed living there and not having the streets lined with college kids parking their cars was always nice.
ChoppinDs40
AG
AgProgrammer said:

Still is. We lived in Emerald Forest for 5 years until we sold last year. There have been multiple lawsuits/court cases between the HOA and homeowners who tried leasing their houses to college students. The court ruled in favor of the HOA and upheld the deed restrictions. Based on the description of this property, I'd even venture to guess this might have been one of the houses previously involved in a lawsuit. Lease holders beware...the college students living in one of those lease houses before were forced to move out mid-year, in the middle of their lease, when the court ruled in favor of the HOA.

All in all, I thought it was a good thing for that neighborhood. We enjoyed living there and not having the streets lined with college kids parking their cars was always nice.

Need to read OPs post better - requesting leasee to be a couple or individual. You can lease homes out there, just not to a gaggle of college students.
TxAggies2012
text message sent.
histag10
AG
Sounds like a decent deal for someone, but i wouldnt be okay with landlords staying and using bedroom and garage when they wanted to come to town.

Hope you find someone that is okay with that, that wont be using the garage or bedroom they are currently renting for anything.

Edit to add- i misread, i thought they only wanted one bedroom. Nope, they want use of all upstairs bedrooms and the garage.
JB
AG
He wants to use it 5-6 wknds out of the year and has priced it pretty well. Interesting for sure. Would make a great deal for someone.
histag10
AG
JB said:

He wants to use it 5-6 wknds out of the year and has priced it pretty well. Interesting for sure. Would make a great deal for someone.

I currently pay less than that for 2200 sqft (less than market value). And my landlords never stay at my house.

If you want a game day house, use it as a game day house. If you want a rental, use it as a rental. But expecting people who rent the house to let you into their lives a few weekends a year is asking a lot. You are also asking that they not use those bedrooms or garage, which they are renting.
dallasiteinsa02
AggieFanatic09 said:

AgProgrammer said:

Need to read OPs post better - requesting leasee to be a couple or individual. You can lease homes out there, just not to a gaggle of college students.
That would be against the law. In fact, saying that you are looking for a couple to rent to is as well.
JB
AG
O come on. He is not holding a gun to their head. If you don't like that arrangement, then their are plenty of other rentals.

ChoppinDs40
AG
The deed restrictions have limited who can live in the house. Some local judge has definitely violated some civil liberties with that ruling but that's the arena in which this has to be played.
hopeandrealchange
I think several details of the restrictions are not being brought up.
As I remember when we where ready to move from Emerald Forest to rural Brazos county the deed restrictions would not allow us to keep our home and rent it out. Period.
GE
AG
hopeandrealchange said:

I think several details of the restrictions are not being brought up.
As I remember when we where ready to move from Emerald Forest to rural Brazos county the deed restrictions would not allow us to keep our home and rent it out. Period.
Just on HAR there are a couple for lease and it's not a big neighborhood. I'm skeptical the deed restrictions would be written to restrict people from renting out their houses in all circumstances.

Edit:
See item 1. No general restriction on renters, just that it is single family. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-jCnJGZf_IN3FtYXZ5cm1XTGM/view

Even the it looks like that is more of a restriction on the type of structure to be built on a lot than use of the home for rental.
BigJohn76
AG
A local district judge ruled that a single family residence can only be occupied by people related to each other by blood, marriage or adoption. District judges are elected by those that vote. The old people in Emerald Forest will get out and vote. I live 200 miles away.
BigJohn1976
BigJohn76
AG
ttt
BigJohn1976
BigJohn76
AG
ttt
BigJohn1976
BigJohn76
AG
ttt
BigJohn1976
BigJohn76
AG
TTT
BigJohn1976
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.