Real Estate
Sponsored by

Balancing Buyer's Agents

1,939 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by plowboy1065
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife is hiring 2 buyer's agents. One is already her assistant that is getting licensed. The other has a full time job at a hospital for insurance reasons, but will be a buyer's agent part time.

This has created a muddy situation in our minds. How do you evenly split leads between the two? What happens when it's the part timers turn for a lead but she's at the hospital on shift? What if the part timer makes initial contact with the lead but the other buyer's agent has to show them houses because the part timer is at work?

I'm sure some other agents have dealt with this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My wife is relatively new. She sold ~$2M her first year, $4,5M last year, and already more than $4.5M this year (including what's under contract for April) so its growing quick and that's a bit intimidating to manage lol. Help an Aggie's wife out.
SteveBott
AG
I'd pass on the part timer and give all your leads to one is working and knows the system already. Nothing wrong with playing it conservative now and picking up the other later.

Edit no idea how I got the emoticon
Rusty GCS
AG
The part timer is a sister. She's taking her test to be licensed on Tuesday. That parts already done.

Now trying to figure out how to manage those leads.

Thanks, as always, for your help, Steve! Doesn't feel like that long ago my wife was calling you for help passing her test.
SteveBott
AG
Well sh/t how about including the family angle in the OP! Damn son now it pretty complicated. Ok feed the relative 10-20% to see what she can do. I'd still give the regular gal my leads.

And yes I remember when I tried to help your wife with mortgage back when she was taking her test. Fun times. See you at Hoops tailgate this year..
nonameag99
If part timer is next up, but unavailable, she gets skipped but is still at the top of the list for the next one. Rinse repeat

If part timer is not available to show a house, full timer gets a fixed fee out of the part timers commission such as $100 per showing
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Rusty GCS
AG
$100 out of the commission check only if it closes, right?
nonameag99
Correct

But if full timer shows five houses for to one buyer for part timer she should get $500.

You might have to cap it at 50% or something like that. So if a commission in $3k and FT shows 20 houses to a single buyer for PT, FT maxes out at 50% or $1.5k
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
gig em 02
"Hey sis I'm happy to help you out but I'm still trying to build my business. If you aren't immediately available for a lead I'm going to pass it on to my full timer who can jump right on it. Just want to set the expectations early on, and if full timer can start generating more of their own business it will help propel the entire business forward."
aggiebq03+
I'd say there's no reason to be even. One person is working full time and one will only be part time, and sporadically available at that.

I'd give all leads to the full timer and pass any they can't handle to the part time person, if they are available to pick up the overflow when it happens.

I'd worry less about how helpful you are to them, and more about how helpful they can be to you (in this case your wife).
dallasiteinsa02
I have operated a sales office with multiple agents that are in and out of the office. We had a board at the front desk with each agent's name on it. Walk ins go down one list, phone leads, and emails go down their own lists. It worked pretty well and if you aren't at the office at the time you are skipped. We used to not skip the agent but hold them as the next up when they are out of the office. This meant that when you took a day off you almost always got the first leads of the next day so I changed the policy.

The only issue that we have is referral business. We get a web lead that goes to Agent A. Agent B has worked with a buddy of the client for years. The web lead then responses to the email or makes a phone call directly to Agent B. I usually have to step in and shift the client to Agent B which irritates Agent A.

plowboy1065
S
Your wife is with KW correct?
Rusty GCS
AG
Yes, she's with KW Lake Charles

Getting recruited by other agencies daily. She's building a reputation quickly after only 2+ years as an agent.
gig em 02
Do realtors get a lot of random cold callers?
plowboy1065
S
Tell her it's the wrong time to even think about leaving with the tech that KW is building. I'm pretty heavily involved with the inner workings and it's one amazing platform being built out
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.