Real Estate
Sponsored by

Timeshare question

1,884 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Long Live Sully
Long Live Sully
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, I don't have one. Thankfully I knew they were a bad deal long ago.

I see and hear ads all the time for companies for hire that will get people out of timeshares. With what they have to spend on ads it has to be an expensive route to go so I got to thinking....

Can't a timeshare owner sell their timeshare to a corporation or LLC? If so, then why wouldn't someone form an LLC, sell it the timeshare and then close the LLC?

SteveBott
AG
My guess it not allowed per contract and you are still personally liable.
Long Live Sully
AG
That is what I would think too, but if they are transferable then I have to believe there is a way to sell or gift them to some entity that can get the owner out of one.
SteveBott
AG
Not sure about gift but if you sell the new owner would assume the liability
Long Live Sully
AG
That is what I was getting at. The new owner has the burden and if they default I don't care.

I could sell it to a homeless guy at I-10 and UTSA blvd and I am out.

Actually this is a good idea....
SteveBott
AG
again pure guess but I would think the timeshare guys are smart enough to require underwriting approval before they allow the sale.
Long Live Sully
AG
I may go buy one just to test it.
SteveBott
AG
Please dont. get a vacation home and i will finance it. only 10% down and we can party!
Long Live Sully
AG
Sounds good. Just don't tack on an annual maintenance fee.
dallasiteinsa02
They are almost all setup the same way. Several hundred dollar fee to post your timeshare on their exclusive buyer network and a hundred dollar fee to keep it on there. They could care less on if it actually sells they are just churning fees.
Long Live Sully
AG
But can't you sell private party?
dallasiteinsa02
Cow Hop Ag said:

But can't you sell private party?
Transferring your timeshare to an LLC with intent to abandon it would constitute fraud.
TexasAggie73
AG
I have a Disney timeshare I bought 21 years ago. Disney has to approve all title transfers be it a gift or sale.
PS I could sale it for twice what I paid for it.
dallasiteinsa02
TexasAggie73 said:

I have a Disney timeshare I bought 21 years ago. Disney has to approve all title transfers be it a gift or sale.

I would guess that might kill my business strategy of getting homeless people to buy timeshares from people that just want to walk away from them. Give the homeless person $250 and charge the original owner $1500 to get out of their timeshare.
Long Live Sully
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

TexasAggie73 said:

I would guess that might kill my business strategy of getting homeless people to buy timeshares from people that just want to walk away from them. Give the homeless person $250 and charge the original owner $1500 to get out of their timeshare.
HEY!! That was my idea.
dallasiteinsa02
But I made it better. Call it version 2.0. I am working on version 3.0 that includes transportation of the homeless owner to the timeshare that you want to screw over to use your week. Let them deal with getting him out at the end of the week as a small token of the former owner's appreciation.
Long Live Sully
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

But I made it better. Call it version 2.0. I am working on version 3.0 that includes transportation of the homeless owner to the timeshare that you want to screw over to use your week. Let them deal with getting him out at the end of the week as a small token of the former owner's appreciation.
That is genius.. It is all yours. Just promise me some video.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.