Real Estate
Sponsored by

Termites on property under contract

1,435 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AggiePlaya
pattybrhg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We're set to close in about two weeks on a property in College Station. The inspection was done and came back clean for termites. In taking measurements this week to make sure some appliances fit, I saw some damage and insect trails on a tree in the front yard.

Is there anything we can do before move in or recourse with the inspection? Does the WDI inspection only apply to the structure itself? I have no idea yet whether the tree is salvageable or whether it would even be worth the risk to attempt to do so. I'm just a bit nervous about the cost of remediation for moving into the new property.

I realize many of these are questions to go through with the realtor as well, but she's out of reach for a few days while on a cruise. I'm just trying to do some research to move the process along when she gets back about 10 days before closing.
Diggity
AG
Looking at the WDI report form, it looks like the report is only for the structure.
mgreen
Report is only on structure. Correct.
OnlyForNow
AG
Damage and insect trails on a tree don't necessarily mean termites; probably point to something else entirely.
AggiePlaya
AG
Termites live all over Texas. As long as they aren't living in your house, I think you are ok
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.