Real Estate
Sponsored by

Moving from DFW to CS

1,880 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
mjohnson6565
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am considering a move from the DFW area to the B/CS area. I am looking at either a semi-custom home on 1+ acre for under 500K or something in a neighborhood for under 350K. Recommendations on areas focus my search?
CS78
Tell us about kids and how important schools are.
RockwallAg
AG
Schools aren't important... wide is an educator and kids will attend with her
KC_Ag14
AG
Some great neighborhoods with homes in the $300K-$350K price range. Will be tough finding home on over an acreage that's in that ballpark and fairly custom/new, but not impossible.

I'm a local mortgage loan originator here in B/CS. Work with some of the best agents in town and will be happy to put you in touch with one that knows those areas well. Would also be a pleasure to assist in getting you pre-approved if needed. Feel free to reach out at any time call/text (979) 203-3184
CS78
txjd2012 said:

Schools aren't important... wide is an educator and kids will attend with her
Id be in Pebble Creek then. You get south CS while the value for your money is pretty good. Decent sized yards too. Not quite as many young families due to the school zoning. Not sure if that matters.

Another thing, not sure of your wife's qualifications but don't assume she'll have a sure thing. Pretty decent competition here for the better teaching positions.
jmazz
AG
Aggie Realtor here...happy to help in your search if you don't have representation yet.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
jagouar1
AG
We recently went through something similar but our budget wasn't quite as high for either option. We personally targeted Stylecraft because they are a bit cheaper and that allowed us to build new and choose all finishes rather than get something that was a few years old and not have that choice.

We were down to two subdivisions they have in the new phase of creek meadows (neighborhood) or cedar rock (1 acre). We ultimately chose creek meadows because they have high speed internet available and was a larger subdivision with more families and that was important to us.

Like others on here have said South College Station is the popular area to be in and there are plenty of good options for both neighborhood and acreage. Really just have to start narrowing down exactly what you want and what your must have's are.

Off the top of my head;
Neighborhoods - Castlegate/Castlegate II, Creek Meadows, Pebble Creek
Acreage - Cedar Rock, Duck Haven, Bentwood
mgreen
Local Keller Williams agent and long time Texags guy. I have helped several people on this board already and would love to offer you the same service.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.