Real Estate
Sponsored by

Hypothetical- edge investing Texas big cities

2,542 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gvine07
the last of the bohemians
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With current trends for the Houston market to experience population growth of a few million people in the next 25 years. What edge cities do you land bank and await the influx (and by edge I really mean it is not yet a suburb of Houston, like Sealy or East Bernard). Same question can apply to Austin or Dallas since they will also experience this continued tidal wave of growth. Maybe some of you are seeing early quiet signs.
Ragoo
AG
Hwy 46 between NB and Boerne
redag06
Northeast of Houston, where the grand parkway will be going in.
evestor1
If NE Houston hits then I'll be worth a lot.

I don't own anything there, but Kennifick is a guess by me. I've had two renters with 100k + incomes move there recently. And I know another two.
mazag08
AG
Rosharon is about to turn into Katy
plowboy1065
S
Hockley, Waller, Hempstead
PFG
AG
Quote:

Hwy 46 between NB and Boerne

Quote:

maybe you're seeing early quiet signs

Maybe too late for that stretch of 46.

Same general area, but 281 N of bulverde to Blanco.
schmellba99: Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug
MAS444
AG
Are yall talking about buying land or homes?
one MEEN Ag
AG
redag06 said:

Northeast of Houston, where the grand parkway will be going in.
That is a long, long hold. There's still really nothing out there and your best shot at jobs are centered around oil and gas related on the west side of town or going all the way into downtown. If your job is going to be in the woodlands, just live closer to the woodlands. Houston tends to make 'strength stronger' and the creep into other areas.

I would bet on the Southwest side of Houston to continue building up around the Brazos river and eventually getting that prison out on 99 shut down. So Simonton, Fulshear, and Foster still probably have some land to buy, but the sellers know suburbia is coming.
Diggity
AG
mazag08 said:

solid hyperbole
one MEEN Ag
AG
mazag08 said:

There's some corporate interests in Rosharon that won't sell and won't welcome suburbia.
redag06
I don't know.....while it may not be high priced homes being built, there is about to be A LOT of roofs going up in Huffman, and it will grow more as the construction for Grand Parkway goes in.

This area will become very close to the refineries with the grand parkway.
gvine07
AG
School districts are everything. Find a good school district that has a city that is committed to keeping a top school district and you'll do very well.

In the burbs of DFW an 1,800 sf house in a good school district will rent for $1,800/month and have better tenants. An 1,800 sf house within a mile in an average/below-average school district will rent for $1,200/month and have worse tenants.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.