Real Estate
Sponsored by

King Oaks - lis it too far

4 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by techno-ag
playoverruled
How long do you want to ignore this user?
anyone living in King oaks and like it ?
Is the internet speed good?

Debating on building or selling 2 acre lot, work from home need good internet.
Playoverruled
JMac03
AG
You might get more traction on this in the Aggieland group. I think it is a beautiful community that we looked at, but didn't want our kids to change schools at the time. Cannot speak for the rest.
one MEEN Ag
AG
playoverruled said:

anyone living in King oaks and like it ?
Is the internet speed good?

Debating on building or selling 2 acre lot, work from home need good internet.

I know two couples that lived/live out in King Oaks. One that are retired age and one that is young with two kids. In general, your enjoyment of King Oaks depends on how well you tolerate a 15 minute drive for anything, 20 minutes to get to the north side of college station. At first, the commute is never an issue. But it starts to wear on you. If you truly enjoy the peace and quiet, and can get your grocery shopping done for the week in one trip- go for it. If your daily habits have you drive home after work, and then out to a lot of places, it'll suck. The retired couple is still out there enjoying it. The younger couple has moved to a home closer into town to not feel so isolated.

You have been helped by William D Fitch and Hwy 6 exploding in construction, restaurants, and having an HEB. When King Oaks was first established there was nothing at that intersection.

Can't answer the internet question, friend out there had HD cable and good wifi speeds. Don't know how much they pay or that networks uptime.

techno-ag
AG
I think Brazos WiFi has connections there and they're generally considered the best local WISP.

Living in the country requires a change in mindset. Some people love it, some hate it. You have to decide for yourself if the peace, tranquility, and beautiful scenery is worth an extra few minutes on the highway every day.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.