Real Estate
Sponsored by

Possible move to Crosby....

1,873 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TopFlightReject
The Last Cobra Commander
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thoughts? Company is making a move and may do so as well.
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
Forum Troll
AG
Lots of meth
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Granted troll, as this is the real estate board, what have you to offer in that regard???
mazag08
AG
Company is moving to Crosby?

I'm not a huge fan of the area, but real estate in Crosby / Baytown is relatively cheap, and you could easily live in Atascocita and have an easy drive.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
We will never live in Harris County

Which obviously means we won't move to Crosby. Any insight on liberty, chambers, Montgomery, or San Jac counties near Crosby?
mazag08
AG
The Last Cobra Commander said:

We will never live in Harris County

Which obviously means we won't move to Crosby. Any insight on liberty, chambers, Montgomery, or San Jac counties near Crosby?
My only experience was in commercial land development in the area. I've never participated in any of those residential markets personally or professionally. But I'm sure some here have.

From my anecdotal experience, Crosby has a very small town feel to it. It feels "aged" to me. Baytown has a lot going for it if you don't mind living near the plants. Lots of development off Garth Rd. The drive to downtown is pretty decent compared to the same drive at a similar point coming from West Houston. Mont Belvieu is a very nice area as well.
evestor1
I'm likely most experienced Crosby person posting here...live in Huffman is my recommendation.

I am not sure where you are coming from, but NE Houston isn't bad.

Let me know any specific questions.
Bobcat-Ag
I bet there is some cheap land around the below link. You could get some acreage and custom build your house!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Arkema+Inc./@29.9477715,-95.0262698,1326m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x863f566042fe696b:0x5eaf68780e6d3a23!8m2!3d29.9494558!4d-95.0223881
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
5, possibly 6+ bedrooms, land to explore is a plus, wife is a fan of pools, 3 car garage (at least), within a 30 min drive of Crosby........
Mas89
AG
Do you have kids who are or will be in school? Want acreage or subdivision home? Need more info
evestor1
That's a lot of bedrooms. If you have kids go to Huffman (Commons). If not, Dayton, liberty, and up towards Splendora would be just fine.

If you need a realtor let me know. My wife and her broker do a good amount of business out of Crosby/Huffman.

I also have several rentals in the area if you need one.

Evestor1@gmail.com

Feel free to ask any questions. I've been around lake Houston my entire life.
Mas89
AG
Do you think the traffic will become a nightmare on fm 2100 when they start it's big construction project?
With the grand parkway construction starting now also it could be a huge problem for the commons and Huffman.
Not to mention the largest colonia in America located several miles north of the commons in Plum Grove.
18,000 lots up there is amazing.
evestor1
Traffic will be really slow during rush hours just like now...2100 is bad in Crosby and the 1960 area, but no other issues. I hope it never turns into a eastern version of 1960 between 45 & 249.

As far as plum grove. I have no opinion. I do however, have several construction workers from there that have recently moved to other areas so it can't be good.
TopFlightReject
I've lived in Crosby for 26 out of 32 years of my life. Grew up in Indian Shores and actually moved back there 3 years ago when my wife and I built a house there.

For someone possibly moving here I would just be aware of the potential effects that the Grand Parkway will have on the area. I expect alot more development around the 99/1485 area in New Caney and the 99/90/Bmt Hwy interchange. As stated before 2100 is getting widened but I imagine that will be a burden for a few years while its being constructed.

Dont see whats so bad about living in an unincorporated part of HC. I have fiber internet to the house (Comcast.. I came from 1MB down Frontier) and am on my own well and septic.

If your work is in crosby and want a more suburban feel with much better "weekend" access to stuff I would look across the lake. Eagle Springs/Groves/Bridges on LH/Lakeshore. But if you really dont want to be in HC I would look out toward Dayton/Liberty.
evestor1
Indian shores - me too!
TopFlightReject
evestor1 said:

Indian shores - me too!

We were one of the first streets to get the new Comcast fiber in Rustic Acres. I believe I was the 2nd house to get it behind the lady who lives in Rustic Acres and works for Comcast, as she set me up with the account and everything. Couple of pissed off neighbors until they start expanding into RA section 2.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.