Real Estate
Sponsored by

Home warranty

1,993 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by coolerguy12
aggiemike02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seller is covering $600 towards a warranty in Harris county (if that matters), would appreciate recommendations for provider. I'm the buyer.
4lilmonkeys
Look at Old Republic. I like their vendors and I think their coverage is better. Had a pretty awful experience with AHS this summer and won't recommend them again any time soon.
BQ2001
AG
See if they will just give you the cash
SweaterVest
AG
2-10 was good for me. They are all bad but at least 2-10 let me switch service providers when it became evident the one they hired was garbage.
Martin Q. Blank
Find one that offers a refund. Day after closing ask for refund.
SteveBott
AG
One of my clients have this on the current and previous home and they paid on both

https://www.landmarkhw.com/homeowner-warranty#home-warranty-plans
gvine07
AG
We inherited three 23 year old air conditioners. We had American Home Shield for 3 years, and canceled it after our second unit got replaced.

I asked TexAgs for a competent AHS contractor and I've been happy with the one recommended for HVAC and plumbing.

We ended up +$1000 and it brought a tiny bit of piece of mind.
malenurse
AG
BQ2001 said:

This is the correct answer
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
TXAggie4Christ
AG
If you stick with a warranty, my clients have had a good response in the San Antonio area from:

1. 2-10 They pay out to subcontactors multiple times a month vs many of the other companies paying the subs once a month so subs get paid more quickly and seem to respond to service requests more quickly.

2. Old Republic
3. Fidelity
wildmen09
AG
We got Old Republic with our home purchase 6 months ago. Had three calls for AC, saved us a fortune.

We used out of network providers, paid up front and Old Republic paid us back shortly thereafter.

Wouldnt trade it now that ive used it.
coolerguy12
AG
BQ2001 said:

This. Our sellers gave us the cash value (20 year old house, 4000 sqft, with a pool) and we came out way ahead.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.