Real Estate
Sponsored by

New Home/Neighborhood - Add to Google Maps?

1,384 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DallasAggie0
gtpeli2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Building a home in a new neighborhood in the DFW area. Major national builder, and the house is scheduled to be done around mid-December.

But so far, none of the streets in the neighborhood are on Google Maps, or any other navi service. Already a few people living there too.

What is the process for getting this done? Something the builder has to do? I just worry about people getting to my house.

TIA!
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

I just worry about people getting to my house.
You must be young enough to not remember actually giving someone directions to a place.
dallasiteinsa02
You just have to wait until google gets around to reviewing the data from the city or county. The only thing worse than not being on the map is when they screw up the numbering. It doesn't matter what the address says on the house no one will notice when they see a picture of the home on goggle maps despite being 100% wrong. Been sending notices to google for a year with no change.
nonameag99
I lived in a new neighborhood in Houston one time. We couldn't have pizza delivered. UPS and FedEx figured it out somehow.
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
jamesf
AG
You can send feedback to Google about missing/wrong data. See the how-to here. Who knows how long it takes for them to respond. There is a highway under construction near my office, and they are pretty accurate regarding new ramps and road reconfigurations for things that happened only weeks ago.
bigbass1170
AG
Just did jamesf's process in February for the same situation. The address was added and correct about a month later.
JSKolache
AG
My Google street view is from 10 yrs ago and we are the only house on the block. Yay for urban sprawl.
DallasAggie0
They will only update the satellite aerial every year or two. They will however add in streets and addresses after they get a car in there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.