Real Estate
Sponsored by

Stone Creek Farms?

1,880 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by IWannaGoFast1
IWannaGoFast1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone live there or have an experience to share? Looking at a property to purchase there as a long-term primary home to raise my family in.
aggiemike89
AG
Stone Creek in Hockley?
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Na, in Bryan.

Edit: just Bryan ETJ, not actually in the city limits.
4lilmonkeys
Are you talking about the one off 1179 toward Kurten?

Larger lots, I think 1 acre or more. Homes are spacious, neighborhood seems to be kept up. IIRC the HOA isn't super crazy. I haven't heard anything that indicates it's going to be built up around any time soon.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
That's correct, looking at this place:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7396-Limestone-Ct_Bryan_TX_77808_M73780-18725#photo33

I've spoken with the developer, builder, neighbors, county, etc...getting close to making an offer, just trying to dig as deeply as I can. I've heard management of the common area is somewhat poor, but other than that, people like it.
4lilmonkeys
Personal opinion: pull some comps before making an offer, if you haven't already (disclaimer, I'm a local agent).
Oogway
No experience, but that is a beautiful lot.

*Is it just me, or did the photographer take too many pictures of the fireplace? I understand that the home isn't completed, but personally I would prefer one fireplace photo and include a floorplan so I could see the layout of the rooms. Was there one?

Anyway, looks pretty nice.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Ya, the fireplace is very nice, but I agree on the pictures.

I had the same feelings on the comps. Working on that right now. Thanks for the input, everyone!
insulator_king
AG
I'd look at potential flooding issues. Seems pretty low compared to the water.
dubi
AG
insulator_king said:

I'd look at potential flooding issues. Seems pretty low compared to the water.

Bingo!

I'd go talk to some neighbors who own adjoining land (not subdivision lots) and ask them about the flood history.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
The original developer owns all the land around the property on the east side of the road and I've already spoken with him about it. I've spoken with neighbors as well, though I haven't spoken with anyone across the road. Might have to get on the CAD and figure out who owns property on the other side. That said, the house is higher than it looks in pictures.

I'm in the process of having a formal appraisal done on the property (prior to offer). We'll see where it goes from there.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Updating this one:

We decided to walk. While the deed restrictions are fine for what we wanted to do out there (1500sqft detached structure), there was severe hostility from other residents over impeding a portion of their view.

The house is very nice and it looks like the builder has done a good job. Pictures don't do it justice and it is coming together very well. The lot and location are gorgeous and the neighborhood developer (who currently controls the architectural committee) was fine with our proposal, given a few tweaks, but there was too much animosity from others. It'll be a great location for someone who doesn't need an outbuilding.

One more note is that the cul-de-sac has been a parking lot for people fishing at the lake a couple times when we've been out there. This is apparently a regular occurrence and was also a contributing factor in our decision.

Thanks for the help!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.