Real Estate
Sponsored by

Advice on selling home in CS

1,516 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 4lilmonkeys
AFM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am getting ready to sell a house where my family has stayed over 15 years. The house is just under 1850 sq. ft with a large lot and green belt in the back in no-renter allowed neighborhood. Should I upgrade the fixtures, remodel the bathroom, and repaint the whole house or just put up a lower price and let the new owner remodels the way they would like? A realtor I interviewed said buyers like to buy move-in ready house and I should make the house attractive to begin with. Thanks

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I agree. And the reason I would say is that many people don't have the ability to see something as it could be--only what it is now. It's not a question of intelligence, it's just a skill set that not everyone has. And if that's not it, then its a question of motivation. But whatever the reason is, the answer to your question is why developers and flippers exist. If you would like to discuss a flat fee listing, my email is save@myredpear.com, and my website is below.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
SteveBott
AG
I would go with the realtor advice. Keep the improvements neutral such as paint colors etc
hopeandrealchange
Read freakenomics.
The more you invest in a remodel the more the realtor makes. If it is a wash on what you spend and what you get in return only the realtor wins.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Not with a flat fee listing.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
MTTANK
AG
A year or two ago, you could throw it on the market as is and it would sell quick for plenty. Inventory has been growing, and we are seeing a bunch of price reductions. Even reduced homes are still sitting. I think repaint and fixtures might be worth it. Just make sure you are getting a good deal on the work. A good realtor should be able to get these things done for closer to builder cost than retail. If its a 10k job for the interior paint and some fixtures, you might need a new realtor. I had this done to me, was quoted about double what the realtor said it would be by his guy. I got pissed and painted it myself, had granite installed in the kitchen and a new backsplash for much less than the jank interior paint job they wanted to throw on it. House sold as soon as it was put back on the market.
GIG 'EM
ConroeAg94
AG
Do the things that get the biggest bang with the lowest cost. Reality is your improvements are not going to change the price necessarily but could shorten time on market. With that in mind, you don't want to sink $10k into it, but painting and freshening things up is a great idea. Also, see if your realtor has a professional stager that can come in and advise you on your home's appeal. My stager charges $80 for a one hour consultation where she tells the home owner everything that needs to be done to increase the chances it sells quickly. You would be amazed the difference moving a little furniture around and removing clutter makes. Just my 2 cents.
4lilmonkeys
OP, could you give me some more details about your property, or if you've got a listing agent already I'd be happy to contact them? I have been showing a buyer all afternoon and it sounds like what they may be looking for.
AFM
4lilmonkeys
Will do. You might want to delete that now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.