Real Estate
Sponsored by

Question About New Home Purchasing

1,480 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aggiemike89
Ags4DaWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So my question is this: my wife and I are considering purchasing a new home from a home builder.....

Let's call them Rennar. The area is good. We have been renting in the area for a little over two years. Kids have been in local schools here for that length of time and purchasing one of the new homes would keep them in the same schools. The wife likes the homes.

The question is this: we are currently at a place where we can fairly easily afford one tier of the new builds, but are just shy of an upper tier. I am not willing to dip into emergency savings, etc to purchase. So our options are:
1) buy the lower tier and accept it
2) wait 4-6 months and buy the upper tier if there are any left.
3) See if builder will accept 5-7k less than lost price.

The question I am posing is because currently there is only one of the upper tier the wife likes that is available and do not know how many more will be built in the area in question.

We are about 5K-7K short of being able to afford this upper tier within my parameters. What are the odds a new home builder would be able to negotiate down on price that much? The wife thinks no way. I think maybe depending on whether we are serious buyers. But I honestly have no clue.

I would HUGELY appreciate any help and advice from you guys. Thanks and BTHO Bama today!

NSIAP: I looked through two pages on the boards and did not see this subject posted. So sorry if this has already been covered!
plowboy1065
S
Don't use the builders agent, who is only representing the builder. You need a realtor to negotiate your best interest. What area are you in?
SteveBott
AG
Is it a spec home? I.e. Completed? Builders are more negotiable if it's sitting vacant. Regardless you can make any offer you want and let them decide.
TXTransplant
All you can do is ask; the worst they can say is "No". You have nothing to lose by putting in an offer you are comfortable with.

As a side note, I bought a Village Builders (which is owned by Lennar) home a few years ago. They accepted my offer that was $15k below their asking price, took out two rooms of carpet and replaced it with hardwood, installed a few extra cabinets, redid the drainage, and gave me a refrigerator (and probably could have gotten a washer and dryer, too). What you're asking for is minimal in the grand scheme of things, assuming the home you are interested in is already built (it's a different ballgame if it's in progress or construction hasn't started, yet).
water turkey
5-7k below list is not a big ask. They probably take that offer all day.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
OP, hit me up. You get someone looking after your interests, and I'll gladly refund you 2% of the buyer's agents commission.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
JSKolache
AG
that's 2-3 mo savings - just do it - that whats it for.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

So my question is this: my wife and I are considering purchasing a new home from a home builder.....

Let's call them Rennar. The area is good. We have been renting in the area for a little over two years. Kids have been in local schools here for that length of time and purchasing one of the new homes would keep them in the same schools. The wife likes the homes.

The question is this: we are currently at a place where we can fairly easily afford one tier of the new builds, but are just shy of an upper tier. I am not willing to dip into emergency savings, etc to purchase. So our options are:
1) buy the lower tier and accept it
2) wait 4-6 months and buy the upper tier if there are any left.
3) See if builder will accept 5-7k less than lost price.

The question I am posing is because currently there is only one of the upper tier the wife likes that is available and do not know how many more will be built in the area in question.

We are about 5K-7K short of being able to afford this upper tier within my parameters. What are the odds a new home builder would be able to negotiate down on price that much? The wife thinks no way. I think maybe depending on whether we are serious buyers. But I honestly have no clue.

I would HUGELY appreciate any help and advice from you guys. Thanks and BTHO Bama today!

NSIAP: I looked through two pages on the boards and did not see this subject posted. So sorry if this has already been covered!
If you are in D/FW, give shoot me an email...I'm a TexAgs sponsor (have been for a decade) and have helped lots of fellow Ags in purchasing new construction. I'd happily help you negotiate the best possible price (hopefully over and above the numbers you mentioned), help you through inspections, help you through walk throughs, and be your advocate through the process.

Thanks!

Cody@MyRobinsonTeam.com or my cell is 972-365-0432

Cody
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
aggiemike89
AG
Get an agent to help you. The end of "Rennars" fiscal year is November. They get real aggressive to close then to get it off their books. I've gotten buyers good deals on closings this time of the year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.