Real Estate
Sponsored by

Final walk-through protocol

1,120 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JSKolache
aggiebrad94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is the protocol for the buyers on the final walk-through before closing?

1) Do you schedule it?
2) How close to closing?

Reason I ask is that I am supposed to close on a home flip this morning and so I removed the lock-box from the house yesterday on my way home from work (home is 35 minutes away and NOT on the way to title company). I just learned from my realtor that buyers were outside of house right now - an hour before their closing appt.

Should they be doing this NOW?
Lone Stranger
YES!!!! They should be doing it as close to closing as possible. They want to make sure some dead beat owner doesn't trash the place before closing and handing over the keys, property, etc.
4lilmonkeys
I always do it the morning of. As a listing agent, I don't take the lockbox off until I'm headed to title to meet my sellers. There are too many factors still in play until all parties have signed.
AgCPA95
AG
I walked an investment property I bought the morning of closing earlier this summer. My realtor schedule this which I appreciated.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
On the way to closing
Diggity
AG
The agents should have sorted this out prior to closing.
aggiebrad94
AG
All good to know.
JSKolache
AG
I think we did the night before.

Sellers had already left town and not left any keys. So after close we had to get our realtor to meet us over there & open up the lock box - totally killed our obligatory handing-over-the-keys photo op, but oh well
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.