Real Estate
Sponsored by

Cody and the House Hunters

1,624 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 88jrt06
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From The Robinson Team:

I just wanted to share with my TexAgs family that we have a couple of TV stars in our ranks! I just finished filming an episode of House Hunters with Kyle and Abby, two incredible Ags I met through these forums. They're a great couple and are going to come across wonderfully on national television. We don't have an air date yet, but will share once we know (probably a few months down the road).

Anyway, just another example of the power of TexAgs that I wanted to share. If not for this community, I may never have met Abby and Kyle, and they may never have become famous!!! (plus, they ended up with a pretty great home!!)

Cody
Owner, Robinson Team Real Estate
Proud Sponsor of TexAgs
mwp02ag
AG
Haha, no joke our agent applied and was accepted and he wants us to do this with him. We're going to see what happens but it ultimately scares the living **** out of me. I'm a very shy person and even posting here or on our business social media intimidates me.

That's also how I know I should do it, that's where the growth happens.

Congrats on your success! Any idea when it airs?
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Not sure yet....I've done a few of them and it's always a lot of fun. Be prepared for long days of filming if you do it...for the Buyers you will most likely have 5 entire days of filming. For a 22 minute show....crazy.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
Ragoo
AG
HomeFinderCody said:

Not sure yet....I've done a few of them and it's always a lot of fun. Be prepared for long days of filming if you do it...for the Buyers you will most likely have 5 entire days of filming. For a 22 minute show....crazy.
is the home already "picked" out before filming? Seems like tv would move much slower than real estate.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
I'm not supposed to go into great detail on this, but the process seems to be pretty well known since the show has been on tv for so long. Let's just say that "reality tv" is actually tv "based on reality".
mwp02ag
AG
Has your participation lead to more business? I'm also curios how we might be able to leverage the exposure to help grow our businesses. We own a crossfit gym and a real estate investment company that were trying to grow.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
mwp02ag said:

Has your participation lead to more business? I'm also curios how we might be able to leverage the exposure to help grow our businesses. We own a crossfit gym and a real estate investment company that were trying to grow.
My participation has created something that almost any new or potential client wants to talk about. Seems that everyone is familiar with the show, and it's a great talking point as we get to know each other. I doubt anyone has ever chosen to work with me BECAUSE I WAS ON HOUSE HUNTERS, but it probably was a factor in them getting to know me in the beginning.

As for your crossfit gym, maybe you could work that into the show. I did a show with business owners in D/FW and one of their trucks made it on the show. On the real estate side, I'm not allowed to pimp my business too much on the show. My company will be mentioned but I cannot, for example, wear a shirt with my logo on the show.

I'd say if you decide to do the show, do it because of the life experience of being on a tv show. If any leverage is created for your business, let that be icing on the cake.
mwp02ag
AG
Great thanks!
jopatura
AG
Ragoo said:

HomeFinderCody said:

is the home already "picked" out before filming? Seems like tv would move much slower than real estate.

Our neighbors filmed for House Hunters. They had moved in and renovated before any filming occurred. The house shown on the episode didn't match the listing photos at all. They brought the HOA paperwork on filming in the neighborhood about 4 months after they moved in.
88jrt06
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.