Real Estate
Sponsored by

Are Fall Only Leases Available for Graduating Seniors?

3,226 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GarlandAg2012
jreg90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One one my kids is graduating TAMU in Dec and is looking for a place to live for the semester. Seems most properties only offer 12 month leases. Just curious if anyone offers semester leases for graduating seniors?

Thanks!

Jim
jreg90
(Miss my sweet little Rachel 2002-2017)
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
The way the rental market in College Station is right now, I would expect landlords to fight over your sons semester long lease.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
jreg90
AG
Thanks Red. I wonder how I go about finding them? I guess I just need to go down the list of apts and call them all. Thanks again.
jreg90
SteveBott
AG
Have you checked Craigslist? A sub lease might be out there
Lone Stranger
The facebook advertise/buy/sell A&M related type sites seem to have lots of students offering subleases because they are doing study abroad, etc type of things for a semester but still want to maintain their place for 2nd semester. Two lines of thinking here based on living in this market for some time.

-At this point in August, people need a place bad, they didn't plan very well so my sublease is going to cost you a lot because I know you need a place to stay.

-Crap....I haven't had much interest in people wanting to sublease my place...Time is short so I better sign the 1st thing that walks in the door even if it isn't for full price because some money is better than no money.

Consider both of those extremes with the backdrop that the BCS rental market is overbuilt and lots of places aren't full this year.
hopeandrealchange
Your Son is about to graduate and you are still arranging his housing?
b0ridi
hopeandrealchange said:

And waiting until the middle of August to do it...
mgreen
I am a realtor and have a client that is closing on a house 8/31 but has 8 months left on his one bedroom apartment. Call me Monday. 979-574-7249
jreg90
AG
b0ridi said:

hopeandrealchange said:

And waiting until the middle of August to do it...
Thanks for the constructive comments. Our daughter passed away which has caused us some financial hardships. So my other daughter (never said it was my son) moved home and commuted last semester. She will likely do the same again for this, her last semester, but I figured I'd ask my so called Aggie family for advice to see if this was even worth looking into. I figured if anyone would be helpful it would be my Aggie brothers and sisters. Guess I was wrong. I've never understood the need to be "keyboard toughguys" and be critical of other Aggies that asked for help on these message boards. We are all quick to tell non Ags how special the bond is between Aggies, but then I get responses like you two jerks. I hope you never have to bury one of your kids and have to ask for some friendly advice from other Ags, only to get smart ass remarks. I guess everyone wants to be a comedian and get some likes on their posts. Thanks to those of you that took the time to respond with good suggestions. Guess I should only post on the premium boards if this is what I get on the free parts of TexAgs.
jreg90
SteveBott
AG
Dude chill out. Yes free boards are more rough then pay forums. That said your original post did not give any of the information as your second. That's on you.

Plenty of good Ags here. You need to give us a reason to utilize our Ag network and your first post did not.

Folks let's help an Ag out if you can.
hopeandrealchange
You are right I owe you an apology.
jmazz
AG
I can help you find a fall semester lease if you haven't found one already. There are agents constantly posting 'short term lease available' in our agent only FB group. Email me if still needed. Jeff at 12realty dot com.
GarlandAg2012
AG
jmazz said:

I can help you find a fall semester lease if you haven't found one already. There are agents constantly posting 'short term lease available' in our agent only FB group. Email me if still needed. Jeff at 12realty dot com.
I emailed you a couple weeks ago about something similar - did you see my email?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Why should he or anyone else for that matter have to give their life story to get a simple answer to a simple question?
SteveBott
AG
He doesn't. But his OP lead me and most others to believe he was a dumbass for waiting this late in the leasing season. Anyone with a senior in school should know those decisions are mostly made in the spring.

Edit I'm not going out of my way for a dummy
jreg90
AG
SteveBott said:

He doesn't. But his OP lead me and most others to believe he was a dumbass for waiting this late in the leasing season. Anyone with a senior in school should know those decisions are mostly made in the spring.

Edit I'm not going out of my way for a dummy

I just didn't think I needed to go into my financial struggles with a sob story about the loss of my daughter. And I didn't realize I was asking anyone to go out of their way by asking if anyone knew of a place that rented rooms by the semester. It would have been much easier for you to just move along and not comment if you didn't have time to "go out of your way" to help me.
jreg90
SteveBott
AG
See my first post. I suggested Craigslist and did not mock you.
SteveBott
AG
Oh and take up jmazz offer. He is a realtor and well connected
jmazz
AG
GarlandAg...don't believe so. Still need assistance? If so, please email again. Thanks.
GarlandAg2012
AG
jmazz said:

GarlandAg...don't believe so. Still need assistance? If so, please email again. Thanks.

Weird. I just emailed you again. If you don't get it let me know and I'll PM you or something
jmazz
AG
No email yet. I checked spam folder too. Where are you sending it?

Try jeff.mazzolini at gmail dot com

Or PM on here. Thanks.
Matsui
AG
I guess it isn't that important. Just like finding a place.
Ed Carter
AG
So you assumed he was a dumbass? You know, there's this saying about people that assume...never mind
jreg90
AG
jmazz said:

Thanks Hope. Apology accepted. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
jreg90
GarlandAg2012
AG
Anyone got a lead on something small that would be available for a short term (football season only) lease? We did this last year and I'd love to find something again this year. Would be happy to work out something mutually beneficial with a landlord.
mgreen
See my reply above.
Kbeauty63
AG
I have a friend who is looking to rent fully furnished master bedroom w/ garage parking, access to kitchen & laundry if you have not found something
jreg90
AG
Kbeauty63 said:

I have a friend who is looking to rent fully furnished master bedroom w/ garage parking, access to kitchen & laundry if you have not found something
Thanks So much Kbeauty. I really appreciate you reaching out. I think if it were my son I'd be open to it, but would feel kind of Leary about my daughter living in a house with strangers.

Thanks again for taking the time to write me.

Jim
jreg90
jreg90
AG
mgreen said:

I am a realtor and have a client that is closing on a house 8/31 but has 8 months left on his one bedroom apartment. Call me Monday. 979-574-7249
Hi mgreen. I sent a text to the number above. Is that a cell number?
Thanks
Jim
jreg90
mgreen
jreg90 said:

mgreen said:

Thanks
Jim
Yrp. Not seeing a text. Call me at 9:30 Tuesday if you can.
Kbeauty63
AG
Jim - understood. FWIW - the house is in a older quiet neighborhood in Bryan with a medical professional.
jreg90
AG
Thanks kbeauty. I think I responded to your friend's post today. Steve messaged me about that room. Sounds like it's just living with one other lady so that may work. Thanks!!
jreg90
jreg90
AG
mgreen said:

jreg90 said:

mgreen said:

Thanks
Jim
Hi mgreen. Just now seeing this. Can I call you on Sunday? Sorry for the delay in responding. Had a crazy week.
jreg90
mgreen
jreg90 said:

mgreen said:

jreg90 said:

mgreen said:

Thanks
Jim
Hi mgreen. Just now seeing this. Can I call you on Sunday? Sorry for the delay in responding. Had a crazy week.
Sure.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Still looking for something for the Fall Only. Pref 2 BR. Email me with any ideas at my handle at gmail.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.