Real Estate
Sponsored by

Need Zoo Opinion....

1,546 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by _lefraud_
maroonthrunthru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best combo of Lake / Golf / Access to Larger City Within 90 minutes.... place to retire in Tx..,

Got one Horseshoe Bay referral... Any others ???

AFR because it's not....
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Lady Bird lake / Peter Pan / Already in Austin.
PFG
AG
Kiawah Island

Atlantic beach front/ Ocean Course golf/ Charleston, SC

Bc TX weather is shat for 8-9 months.
Ol Army 01
AG
You could look into

Ben****er Yacht & Country Club/ Lake Conroe / Several Golf Courses & Lake Access

1 Hour from College Station - Less than an hour from Houston & IAH

**It censored Bent Water
FishingAggie
College station
HumpitPuryear
AG
Strongly suggest you use Google Earth timelapse feature to look at shorelines for any lake lot you are considering. Check out the 2012-2013 time frame in particular when most Texas reservoirs were down significantly. You will eliminate a lot of TX lakes from your list. I bought on LBJ. It's a smaller lake but constant level. I just wasn't going to risk paying lake front prices and then have the lake recede for 5 years or so.
HunterAggie
Ol Army 01 said:

You could look into

Ben****er Yacht & Country Club/ Lake Conroe / Several Golf Courses & Lake Access

1 Hour from College Station - Less than an hour from Houston & IAH

**It censored Bent Water
Now that was funny.
HunterAggie
HumpitPuryear said:

Strongly suggest you use Google Earth timelapse feature to look at shorelines for any lake lot you are considering. Check out the 2012-2013 time frame in particular when most Texas reservoirs were down significantly. You will eliminate a lot of TX lakes from your list. I bought on LBJ. It's a smaller lake but constant level. I just wasn't going to risk paying lake front prices and then have the lake recede for 5 years or so.
Look at the historical lake levels of any of the lakes you are considering in Texas. There are only a couple "constant level" lakes in the entire state - the rest are primarily reservoirs, for cities or metro areas.

I took fishing waders and a 25' tape measure with me to see the depth on lots we were considering. I eventually found a lot with 11 feet of water depth. Allows me to take my boat out of the dock 85% of the time over the past 13 years. And that was with two substantial droughts (15 - 18 months each).
petey88

https://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/statewide
who?mikejones
AG
Austin is full. Dont go there.
p_bubel
LBJ, 90 miles to the San Antonio and not far to Austin or something along Lake Granbury. (Spent very little time up there though)
Medaggie
Any City on Lake LBJ is Great (Granite Shoal, Kingsland, Surnise, Highland Haven) . Horseshoe is pricier but more city amenities. If you want to be on the lake, any of the surrounding cities on LBJ are fine. I got a place on the lake and probably the best personal investment I have made, and I plan on retiring there too. As Austin/SA continues to grow outwards, these Lake LBJ cities on the lake will continue to get more populated.

About 90 Min from Austin and SA. Price have been really going up in the area and I suspect it will continue to as Austin/SA grows bigger. There are multiple golf courses in the area.

Nice to be on Lake LBJ as the lake is Constant Level, and your backyard is on the lake.

I looked at Lake Travis but beware that you can't get to your boat when its dry. In 2013, it was 60 feet down from the full level.
Ragoo
AG
Dunlap, mcqueeney, placid
South Platte
Possum Kingdom Lake, just west of Fort Worth. My family has had a cabin there for nearly 50 years.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Lakeway/Lake Travis

2 Lakes (Travis/Austin)

Lots of Golf options:
Hills
Flintrock
Yaupon
Live Oak
Falconhead
Spanish Oaks
Barton Creek CC (3 courses)
Barton Creek Lakeside
_lefraud_
AG
p_bubel said:

LBJ, 90 miles to the San Antonio and not far to Austin or something along Lake Granbury. (Spent very little time up there though)

Granbury has two different gated communities (with golf courses). There's Pecan Plantation which is on the lake and has two 18 holes courses, and there's Decordova Bend which is also on the lake and has an 18 hole and a separate 9 hole. Neither are considered "retirement" communities (anymore). There are several areas around Lake Granbury that have better lakefront, and several great golf courses within 20-30 minutes. Fort Worth takes about 30 minutes or so.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.