Real Estate
Sponsored by

Flat Fee Listing Recent Experience

1,447 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AGGIE WH08P
AGGIE WH08P
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
--- MY PREVIOUS POST WAS DELETED. I AM NOT TRYING TO ADVERTISE FOR THIS COMPANY, RATHER SHARE AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE --

I wanted to pass on my experience with a "Flat Fee" real estate company. I know there are many opinions on this site and I wanted to try my luck at buying AND listing with an Realtor at with flat fee agreement. Like a few other flat fee avenues, this particular company gives a rebate of 2% from the 3% commission they received from the seller. They only kept 1% and gave me 2%. Came to over $14,000 in my pocket at closing.

BackstoryWe had been looking for a home for over a year. We went to a few open houses and had a few private home tours by the sellers Realtors. We hadn't found that perfect home and since we had no rush to move from our current house, we kept taking our time with our search.

Two months ago, we saw a home hit the market. The new listing was emailed to me by an agent with this Broker within minutes of being listed on the MLS. The agent had an auto generated email setup to send me notifications whenever a home on the streets we had targeted as potential areas we wanted to buy. We had it narrowed down to 4-5 streets. We toured the home and put in our offer within 24 hours. The agent I worked with was a licensed realtor and did 100% of his work behind the computer. They were easy to communicate with and very responsive with all of my questions and concerns we had all along the way! This particular agent sold 6-10 homes per month, so he was very knowledgeable.

I was one of 3 offers that the sellers received in the first few days. With the agents help, we slightly adjusted our offer and within a few days, they accepted our offer. All forms and paperwork were done online and e-signed. So easy. I think I signed my final contract while sitting at a gas station on my phone.

The process was so simple that I decided to LIST my home with the same Broker. They had a base package just to be listed on MLS. I opted for the higher priced package option where they listed my home on MLS and also managed all the offers and contracts. Worth every penny.

I had multiple showings in the first 3 days. I even had a showing in the first 4 hours of being listed and that buyer put in an offer for full asking the following morning.

If you are an educated buyer, then I highly recommend using a Flat Fee service. WHEN BUYINGI knew the price range I wanted to buy, schools associated with the area I was wanting to move in, lots and floor plans I preferred, etc. WHEN SELLING- I knew what homes were selling for (and listing for) on my street and in my subdivision. Creekview helped run some comps for me once I listed with them to confirm my asking price.

WHAT I SAVED WHEN BUYING
I got over $14,000 deposited into my bank account at closing. I received 2% of the 3% that the seller paid my Realtor. Our new home purchase was over $700,000. (I know, I know...this is TexAgs, we are all billionaires, right)

WHAT I SAVED WHEN LISTING
I still paid the buyers realtor commission of 3%, but I only paid my agent $1200. I saved $11,600 in commission to my agent when selling.

Total Savings was over $25,000.

I'm happy to share the name of the agent and Broker I used, but I know TexAgs would prefer me not to advertise for them and promote them by name. So, I'll comply with their request since my other two thread got deleted. Feel free to email me if you care to know the name. I'm not trying to advertise for them, but rather pass on my experience since there are so many opinions about flat fee services. John_5684 --ATY@h00.c0m
SteveBott
AG
So two threads are deleted and now you are going for the trifecta? This will not end well.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
I had a conversation with the OP and I feel as if he is truly trying to share his experience with the real estate community. To show that he wasn't trying to advertise, he took out all the references to any company.

I appreciate the transparency and the fact that the OP took the time to communicate his intentions. I've obviously restored the thread, so no trifecta of deletion!
SteveBott
AG
Fair enough. I thought the thread was relevant. Pretty easy to google the flat fee guys. Have a few here.
mazag08
AG
Logan Lee said:

I had a conversation with the OP and I feel as if he is truly trying to share his experience with the real estate community. To show that he wasn't trying to advertise, he took out all the references to any company.

I appreciate the transparency and the fact that the OP took the time to communicate his intentions. I've obviously restored the thread, so no trifecta of deletion!
You didn't restore the comments though.
John N
John N
Good bull!
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
I restored this entire thread... comments and all
Medaggie
I have done this before.

When I buy a home, I do most/all of the work. I do the search online. I know what I want. I don't have my realtor show me multiple homes at all hours.

I am focused, know the prices around the area, have all my finances set, and have knowledge of the process. My realtor essentially shows me the house, I put a bid in, and we tend to close issue free within 30 dys. I really do not see why he/she should get 3% when I do most of the work. Realtors I have worked with is fine with this b/c They may show me 2-3 homes.

I went with a new realtor b/c my old one retired and I forgot to negotiate commission. Long story short, I have been looking for rental properties and found a portfolio for $1mil. My finances were all set. She showed me the property once, spent about 2 hrs showing me all of the properties. She may have spent another 2 hrs showing me a few other properties.

We closed pain free, on time, and I didn't even meet her at closing as I didn't need her holding my hand.

She literally spent 2 hrs showing me the property, maybe an hr writing up the contract, maybe another hour negotiating with the seller's agent, and setting up the inspection for me. I don't think I even emailed her again other than to update my progress.

She collected 30K which she probably made 7k/hr of work.

Every time I buy a new property, I come in without a realtor and get that 3% discounted from the price or if I am using one, I keep 1.5-2%.

Selling on the other hand, I am happy to pay full commission b/c this potentially requires alot of work.

AGGIE WH08P
AG
Ya. I'm persistent.

I know there was at least one Realtor out there that didn't like my post and was probably butt hurt over it and requested to remove my thread. No big deal. Just wanted to inform folks that the alternative to using a traditional realtor still offered great service.
JSKolache
AG
TLDR
AGGIE WH08P
AG
I guess you don't care to save any money on you real estate transaction. Good luck with that
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.