Real Estate
Sponsored by

Houston/Katy Area: Newer Homes/Subdivisions At Around $135-145 sq/ft

1,321 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mazag08
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not moving, but just curious on what's out there. Wanting to know in particular about Katy or areas very close to it.

Interested to know on a price point of about $135-$145 sq/ft turn key, homes that are anywhere from 4500 to 6000 sq ft. Is that price point realistic for that area for a home built post 2010?

Any info on builders, or subdivisions would be great. TIA.
Cyp0111
I would have to think you would have a ton of options at that price point.
agnerd
AG
All that can be searched on https://www.har.com/. Excellent website.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I could be wrong, but I think a lot of the brand new construction homes such as Toll Brothers or new subdivisions do not list on HAR and instead count on their own marketing, foot traffic, word of mouth, etc..

Again, I could be wrong but I thought I had heard this before.
SteveBott
AG
Builders will sell at market plus. So any if their homes that resold you can track those homes for data. Or you could just walk into their sales office and ask.

Plus = 3% or so for new construction
mazag08
AG
Reserve at Katy Trace, which is Toll Brothers slightly cheaper neighborhood, is running around $400,000 for 3,500 SF. Not sure about the bigger homes.

For resale, Katy is actually a pretty decent market right now. Lots of homes on the market longer than expected. Just make sure and verify if they flooded. A lot of them haven't been updated in 10+ years and need some work.
Diggity
AG
I can't imagine why a production builder wouldn't want to cover all of their bases. Toll Brothers has about 25 listings on the MLS right now...which obviously isn't their entire inventory but they should be fairly representative of the price points they have in their various communities.

The MLS listings for new construction are typically just to get the buyers out to the model, then the sales agents take over.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
mazag08 said:

Reserve at Katy Trace, which is Toll Brothers slightly cheaper neighborhood, is running around $400,000 for 3,500 SF. Not sure about the bigger homes.

For resale, Katy is actually a pretty decent market right now. Lots of homes on the market longer than expected. Just make sure and verify if they flooded. A lot of them haven't been updated in 10+ years and need some work.
Wow, Toll at $115/sqft? They build a nice lookin house. That seems like a really good value for a good area in Katy.
Diggity
AG
I think they average closer to $130-140/sqft in that area.
mazag08
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

mazag08 said:

Wow, Toll at $115/sqft? They build a nice lookin house. That seems like a really good value for a good area in Katy.

Kee in mind what I quoted is base home price + lot value.

After all the upgrades and design center stuff you would likely be higher than that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.