Real Estate
Sponsored by

HOA Attorney

1,947 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by The Catfish
backinbcs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for an attorney familiar with HOA issues, specifically a subdivision taking our money in dues but refusing to enforce HOA requirements.

Thanks in advance.
Absolute
AG
Pretty sure that is what has are supposed to do, based on my personal experiences.
PFG
AG
I'm thinking that backinbcs means they are paying monies for HOA to enforce rules about fencing, landscaping, etc - but the rules are being ignored. So he wants an attorney to pressure the HOA into following the rules they say should be followed.
backinbcs
Correct
Deats99
AG
I am a board member on a corporate HOA. We have unfortunately had to play with a lot of this and retain counsel. My contact info is in my profile if you want to bounce some thoughts.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
JSKolache
AG
backinbcs said:

Looking for an attorney familiar with HOA issues, specifically a subdivision taking our money in dues but refusing to enforce HOA requirements.

Thanks in advance.
You and everyone else who hates streetparkers/atvriders/fireworkspoppers, etc.
Absolute
AG
Sorry, I knew what he was asking. I was being sarcastic.

In my experience they collect money, overpay the managers, send out nasty letters when people complain and they want to bother (that's why they have the rules.) Then work really hard to NOT do the things they are supposed to do. The concept is fine, but I have never seen it really properly implemented. I could give so many specific examples it is sad, but that is not the point.

honestly, to the OP, I would say save your money. You are not very likely to get any satisfaction.
Post removed:
by user
NoahAg
Sasappis said:

Are you on the HOA board?

If not, why not?

The board is the one with control over this issue.
This. Instead of being "that guy" and wasting money on a lawyer, try getting involved first, and make positive change from the inside. You'll probably gain some perspective on the challenges HOAs face in enforcing certain rules.
aggie appraiser
NoahAg said:

Sasappis said:

Are you on the HOA board?

If not, why not?

The board is the one with control over this issue.
This. Instead of being "that guy" and wasting money on a lawyer, try getting involved first, and make positive change from the inside. You'll probably gain some perspective on the challenges HOAs face in enforcing certain rules.

...and instead of being "that guy" you go be "that guy" (the HOA board nazi) and run around like Barney Fife with a clipboard and a whistle

Don't be that guy.
The Catfish
AG
HOA hardos, tow truck drivers, and chefs who won't amend a dish are all the same brand of dip*****
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.