Real Estate
Sponsored by

Wylie TX

2,645 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by texag06ish
NWE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife has recently become fixated on moving to Wylie. Wouldn't change my commute much from where we currently are, but I'm under the impression we are about 5 years from moving to our "forever home".

I looked and it seems there might be a way to afford a pretty nice place in Wylie but I don't know for sure since I'm just not familiar with that area.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
There are some nice areas in Wylie, yes. I'm curious as to why she is fixated on it. Where do you live now?
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
bcasey03
AG
Been here 9 years and am happy. Any questions?
Deats99
AG
We live a little further east past Rockwall, but the same idea. Get away from Dallas, but still make it accessible. Have family there and have moved a couple of Aggies there. Everyone seems very happy. Schools are good(know several teachers there), Hit me up if you have any lending questions(profile).
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
NWE
AG
Thanks!

It's just tough because we aren't in our forever home right now and I think we would be able to get more home in 3 years than moving now. But the wife sees Wylie as a perfect location to get in on earlier rather than later.
pcbAG
AG
NWE
AG
Has anyone heard of Hunter's Cove? Looks like new builds in a good area.

Basically, we had an awesome new build (small starter home) but it was far away so we sold it and moved to an older home (1978) in the Plano/Frisco/Colony area.

I'm constantly waiting for something to go wrong and would like to be in a part of town where we have a LITTLE more room and can get a new build to ease the rush of having to move while we sell our home here.

Always a case of grass being greener but I'm looking for something within 45 minute drive of Addison with a half acre - 3 acres of space. Not sure I'll find it but that's the pipedream as of now.
bcasey03
AG
Budget?
NWE
AG
Good Q. Can I give a monthly budget on a 30 yr term? If so, $2k a month or less. I'm not around a calculator but that sounds closer to about $350k. I'm honestly not sure though. Looking for a place to be 10-15 years.

I have two young girls I'd like to get into that ISD.
bcasey03
AG
We are building in kreymer estates right now. The lots arent huge but theres a nice tree lined hike/bike path that runs through it. Pretty close to the one you mentioned.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
BCasey, how do you like Kreymer now??

Is 78 a nightmare getting to GWB?
Texker
AG
Downtown Wylie is cool but otherwise don't care for it. Not a bad place just didn't feel right. Check out St. Paul which is just down the street. Hidden gem. We found a place very close to the east shore of Lake Ray Hubbard in Rockwall.
texag06ish
AG
To me, it seems like the area is growing in spite of the local government. All the surrounding towns seem to be growing much faster. Just my $.02. Also, getting to Bush is a PITA.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.