Real Estate
Sponsored by

Land question

1,103 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jja79
johnrth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I occasionally enjoy looking at super large ranches that are for sale out in the western states( CO, WY, MT, etc). Not that I will EVER be in a position to buy one but just to see the beauty some people are blessed with owning. My question though is why do they advertise thousands of acres then in the description state you're only getting maybe a 1/4th of that that is deeded acres and the rest is BLM, State, or some other type?

Like this one https://www.landsofamerica.com/property/98424-acres-in-Carbon-County-Wyoming/5219741

Quote:

The ranch consists of approximately 28,907 deeded acres, 42,837 BLM acres, 3,120 Wyoming State lands, and 23,560 private lease, providing a solid contiguous ranch that is very manageable and has good improvements.

I mean unless you're running a massive cattle operation I doubt you would ever actually use 98k acres and the 28k acres is more than enough. I was just wondering why advertise all that land if you aren't really getting it all deeded.
Martin Q. Blank
Because it's a marketing point. Which is worth more:
1. A house with neighbors on both sides of you.
2. A house with a neighbor on one side and a wildlife preserve on the other.
jja79
AG
They're buying it for grazing and they get grazing rights on all the property.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.