Real Estate
Sponsored by

No bathtub in master?

5,208 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by histag10
2aggiesmom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We had the same dilema in that we remodelled to the studs and had a huge fiberglass jetted tub with and even larger surround. I really wanted a nice porcelain soaking tub, but I wanted a separate vanity and a large shower more. We ended up with a beautiful huge shower, one larged fixed shower head and a hand held slide bar head. There is a large quartz topped bench. It is perfect for us and two Austrailian Shepherds. We have oversized tile floors that are heated and a heated towell bar right outside the shower.frameless glass.
terradactylexpress
It annoys me to no end how many people are "must have bathtub" vs the amount it actually gets used. I can't think of another item in a home that gets so little utilization but is a deal breaker if it's not there.

PeekingDuck
AG
It is getting less and less required. As the old folks move on to their retirement homes it should work itself out.
GCRanger
AG
The house we are in now had a garden whirlpool tub and a tiny shower. We ripped out the tub and put in a big walk-in shower. Standard shower head, detachable wand that is adjustable on a bar, and an rain shower head. `4 foot bench and a "step" in the wall for the wife to kick up a leg to shave, wash feet, yada yada yada.

Our final home will have just a walk-in shower in the master and the guest bath with have a tub. The plan is for a big walk-in double shower steam room. We want it to be wheel chair accessible as well with no step/lip to get in and a wide door. We won't need that for quite some time but elderly parents visiting might need an easily accessible shower.

thenational
AG
We did an extensive remodel last year in Houston. We opted for no tub and a large shower instead. We made the right decision in our minds. We did have a tub before and it never got used.
histag10
AG
I don't need a tub in the master bathroom. The only time it's a "deal breaker" for me, is when people only have showers in every bathroom.

With kids, I do need a tub somewhere.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.