Real Estate
Sponsored by

In need of good land Realtor for land search around San Antonio!

1,416 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Player To Be Named Later
Aggie_3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The wife and I are looking for land anywhere from New Braunfels down to Floresville. We would like to work with a realtor that specializes in land.

Comment here or email me at joshua@agentoftexas.com
2ManchuAg
AG
acreage size? I am a land consultant at a wonderful community just outside of New Braunfels selling 1-14 acre properties...
PFG
AG
Enjoy the search! Lots of great property out there. Have fun with the process and congrats on having the means to buy.

Wife and I bought 8.5 acres near NB and start building next week.
Aggie_3
2ManchuAg said:

acreage size? I am a land consultant at a wonderful community just outside of New Braunfels selling 1-14 acre properties...

We are wanting 5-15 acres we are going to put a manufactured home on it for 3-5 years as we design and build our traditional home so going this route has ruled quite a few out due to restrictions.
PFG
AG
Quote:

We are going to put a manufactured home on it for 3-5 years as we design and build our traditional home

Well. That rules out about 99% of the places I know. Good luck finding a spot that will allow a manufactured home. IMO, you'll be looking for true rural property where you can do what you darn well please. And while that's nice, just remember...the guy next door can do the same. And he might like living in his manufactured home forever. With the old broke down one behind it.

JMO, but that's a resale nightmare.

I'd be looking for a more established place where you could do an RV for a few years. Or build the barn to house the RV while you build the house.
Aggie_3
It's all good PFG wife and I are both from the country and that's part of rural living and down the line we will just do like my parents and slowly buy up the surrounding properties when they become available and clear them to our liking. It's how my parents have grown their 20 acres to 800
PFG
AG
Nice. Blue star for the least subtle humble brag I've seen in a while.
2ManchuAg
AG
Aggie 3, yep that rules me out. As was stated previously, that type of land is becoming harder and harder to find. With effort, though, you'll stumble across something y'all will like! Good luck!
Aggie_3
Didn't mean it as a brag by any means it took them 25-30 years and one mean ass crabby neighbor to do what they did but patience is the key
Aggie_3
No worries Patrick Thompson class of 2010 is doing a superb job and has found us a few properties we like around the floresville area so far
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I think my wife and I want to find a place on a few acres for a retirement spot south of San Antonio.

I tend to agree on your assessment of totally rural. What are the options on a somewhat middle ground? Are places that allow barndomimiums and also raising chickens out there? I prefer not to be next door to a run down mobile but at the same time don't want to be completely restricted and basically living in an acreage subdivision full of HOA Nazis.
Bitter Old Man
AG
There are lots of rural subdivisions where someone chopped up a big ranch into 10-20 acres parcels and put restrictions on them. That sounds like what 2ManchuAg is a part of. They have an HOA, and some infrastructure/roads/gates, etc. Its a positive and a negative. Its a positive when your neighbor wants to do something that violates the restrictions, its a negative when you want to.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
I could deal with some level of HOA rules. But I wouldn't want to have ~5 acres and not be able to have some chickens. I just wouldn't want to be in a Frisco version of a subdivision, only with a few acres.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.