Real Estate
Sponsored by

Residential real estate commissions going forward

11,063 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jagvocate
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm just saying people providing a service generally make more than they did 25 years ago since that was your time frame.
Long Live Sully
AG
Got it.
Diggity
AG
I used to be able to buy a hamburger for a nickel
SteveBott
AG
You ain't that old dude. But as class of 82 I did buy cow pie and fries and drink for 1.99.
jagvocate
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

A large percentage of people are going to consider the hand holding and 'local expert opinion' as worth the 6%.
Shrinking by the decade
jagvocate
AG
In a market-driven world, a seller could get a legitimate offer in hand for their house and then offer a Realtor 10% of the difference between that existing offer and whatever higher price the Realtor can get.
SteveBott
AG
The greatest benefit of full commission is first time buyers. How is that market shrinking? There is a pretty consistent flow of those buyers in the market.

As for setting a floor price and realtors split the top would put the buyers agent interest against the best interest of their client. Not sure that would work or be approved by government entities
Diggity
AG
I am confident that one day soon, texags will fix real estate.
IrishTxAggie
AG
1) Go on HAR
2) Do my own search
3) Contact the listing agents of houses I want to see
4) Tell listing agent I won't bring in agent to the table if they cover me too for a 1.75% rebate.
5) Profit
ATM9000
AG
Diggity said:

I am confident that one day soon, texags will fix real estate.
In before Freakonomics
mazag08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

1) Go on HAR
2) Do my own search
3) Contact the listing agents of houses I want to see
4) Tell listing agent I won't bring in agent to the table if they cover me too for a 1.75% rebate.
5) Profit

And not once ask what their commission agreement in writing with their client, the seller, is?

So really good chance that the agent who agrees with you is getting the full 6% to themselves.
IrishTxAggie
AG
That's fine. I don't care what they get off the seller if I get the 1.75% rebate from the agent.
jja79
AG
One group that in my experience uses full service agency is high end buyers and sellers.

I closed a loan last Tuesday with a buyer where the seller paid $102,600 in commission and never batted an eye.

We do a lot in that space and very seldom is either side unrepresented.
mazag08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

That's fine. I don't care what they get off the seller if I get the 1.75% rebate from the agent.

More power to you my man. Just don't want bystanders who aren't familiar with the buying process thinking they are going to get some kind of steal going your route. It helps to understand the process and be able to handle your own as I'm sure you do.
Phat32
AG
Like I stated earlier in the thread - for some it is a premium service that they wish to obtain because they want adequate representation/don't want to deal with the home buy/sale.

To me, that piece will always be around.
jagvocate
AG
What percentage of listed homes are actually sold during the listing?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.