Real Estate
Sponsored by

New Construction $/sf

1,406 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BoDog
Socrates05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've started looking at land south of Austin (Buda/Driftwood area) with the plan to build a new home eventually. Anyone have a $/sf range estimate they would recommend for new construction?

Not really this style but something like this in terms of finish quality as a base.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/214-Tranquility-Mtn_Buda_TX_78610_M77458-72586#photo0

Appreciate the help.
oldarmy76
Well, I'm not an expert but you will pay a lot more than that. The lot that house was built on was sold for sub1000 per front foot which puts the pruduction builder at a huge advantage when compared to anything else in that area these days.
oldarmy76
Reread your post. You are providing the land so ignore my previous post. Your most efficient home like your example is to find a good production builder that has a build on your lot program.
JP76
For a true custom
$145-$200 per heated sq ft depending on finish out.
Socrates05
AG
Appreciate it.
TamuKid
AG
Building with David Weekley in Round Rock, and we're looking at around $180/sqft. Half acre lot, backing to greenbelt, outdoor living/fireplace, 3 car garage, etc.

Looked at KB Homes in the same area in half acre lots, but with a few less niceties, and they were around $160/sqft.

Hope that helps.
Dr T and the Women
AG
I'm building in Austin now. If a custom build my guess is 200 per on the very low end.

If you do a build on your lot mass builder then can be less
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
redass1876
AG
Are these values just construction or factor in the land too?
Dr T and the Women
AG
I am talking construction only for Austin. Prices went up quite a bit the past few years and was worsened by Harvey.

Labor went to Houston. Commodities went up
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BoDog
AG
Doing a custom in Dallas and the construction cost alone is at $205/ft. Not including lot. Its not a great time to be building anything. My advice is to wait until the **** hits the fan again and pricing tank.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.