Real Estate
Sponsored by

Real Estate licensing exam

2,871 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiemike89
dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for any suggestions and information anyone can offer.

Found this 180 hour course:

https://www.realestateu.tv/texas-real-estate-license-requirements.html

Have a CPA license and P&C insurance license. Assuming the re exam is similar to the insurance exam and is not very difficult. But I could be completely wrong.

Any 2 cents that you guys can offer - I would greatly appreciate it.
SoTheySay
S
Not sure about that one. Champions is great but much more expensive. Their exam prep course is spot on.
voorheesdn
AG
Suggest looking at online options.
-Austin Institute of Real Estate
-The CE Shop

Below is a link to all certified providers in Texas. You can also search TREC for their passing rates.
https://www.trec.texas.gov/education/qualifying-education-providers
dog
AG
Thanks guys!
mgreen
Do you want to learn or just get the license? Cheap is not the right way if you want to learn. I did Champions LIVE and it was worth every penny. Passed on my first try.
mgreen
Champions LIVE as well. Passed on first try.
FayetteAg82
AG
I have recently signed up for the real estate u online class. Impressed so far!
MarineAggie95
AG
I did the Austin Institute Courses and passed the exam on the first try. I will say though even doing their prep course and passing the practice exams with no problem I walked out of the actual exam going "Damn I bombed that." for the questions were not really like those on the practice exams. The test is one where if you know the material and can use reason you will be good. It was just un-nerving as I was looking at the results and the guy who handed them to me said look up at the top right corner and it said "Passed" there.
Griz84
AG
What's the best option for someone that doesn't really need to learn and just wants to get the license. My work would involve bare land in the 1,000 to 40,000 ac range - not rocket science and I've been around these type transactions for years
Maroon Saloon
Unfortunately there isn't a distinction for real estate licensees (commercial, home, farm & ranch etc). You have to take all the courses about houses, most of it will not apply to your raw land transactions farm and ranch stuff. There is a F&R course but if you're involved in these it will be common sense. Just have to take it to get a license.

I've used Champions for all stuff over the years and have been satisfied.
aggiemike89
AG
I got licensed thru Champions in 1999 and have been using them since and sending people to them as well. They are great. I don't think any of the classed prepare you for the actual practical usage though.
TREC did change their classroom requirements with respect to passing each exam for each course. The instructors don't allow any more open book exams. They shouldn't have to begin with but they did.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.