Real Estate
Sponsored by

Appraisal District Data

8 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 26.2
OldSoully
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Question for the real estate board

How would you go about figuring the selling price for a house or land? If you begin with the assessed/market value located on the appraisal districts website as the baseline.
Bitter Old Man
AG
The assessed value and sales price are mostly unrelated, unless the owner protested in the year he bought it and disclosed the contract price.

If you are just trying to figure out market value, the Texas Comptroller has studies that give a value coefficient for counties that does a pretty good job of getting you close, but its not a science.
Martin Q. Blank
Other than a realtor, Redfin if it was on MLS.
OldSoully
Do you know a link?
The best way to get pricing/value information in Texas is from a Realtor. Anything else is going to be a guess at best.

Other than that, the Texas A&M Real Estate Center has great data at the MSA level going back to the early 1970s.

https://www.recenter.tamu.edu/data/housing-activity/
Bitter Old Man
AG
OldSoully said:

Do you know a link?
https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/property-tax/pvs/2016f/index.php
drewser95
AG
In which county is it located?
OldSoully
Washington
drewser95
AG
Email me the address (or some other identifying info if land), and I should be able to look it up. It looks like we have access to Washington Co.

Drew Burroughs
dburroughs@dallascitycenter.com
dannyag07
AG
I'm also a realtor in BCS if you would like some help.

ryandykes07 at gmail
979. 571 2756
OldSoully
The fianc spoke with the realtor yesterday and to my surprise she was very honest about the property. She said the reason it was listed at such a reasonable price was because it has foundation issues. So I'm assuming the cost of fixing the foundation would be a rather expensive.
Ft.Worth_Ag
AG
We offer FNMA Homestyle and FHA 203(k) renovation loans if you're interested. HomeStyle allows you to borrow up to 95% of the "as completed" appraised value of the home. Works great for folks who really like a property, but needs some work put in. You roll the renovation costs into the loan. More info here.

Just in case you're a veteran - we just brought on VA renovation loans as well.

Let me know if this might work for you.

jallison AT servicefirstmtg .com

OldSoully said:

The fianc spoke with the realtor yesterday and to my surprise she was very honest about the property. She said the reason it was listed at such a reasonable price was because it has foundation issues. So I'm assuming the cost of fixing the foundation would be a rather expensive.

I think you might be surprised at how little foundation repairs actually cost. Worth getting an estimate at least. I've used a company called Jericho in the past and they were excellent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.