Real Estate
Sponsored by

USDA Loans

1,428 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JP76
ags4rocks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone ever done one of the USDA loans for land? Looking for some help in this area.
SteveBott
AG
Land only? Or with a home on it?
ags4rocks
Either....Looking at options....
SteveBott
AG
You need an existing home and it needs to be in an approved area. You can check here

https://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do?pageAction=sfp
ags4rocks
oK! Thanks..
SteveBott
AG
You also need to check income limits for that county. Austin is 96.4K for family of 4

https://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/incomeEligibilityAction.do?pageAction=state
JP76
SteveBott said:

You need an existing home and it needs to be in an approved area. You can check here

https://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do?pageAction=sfp

Can you go USDA for new construction?
SteveBott
AG
Great question. And I dont know.

My educated guess is no. That loan is very unique and I consider it a niche product. It does not work in any metro areas in Texas and I mostly do business in those.

It does work in the country and more importantly on the fringe of metros. A developer can go out one more town and get USDA. Say from Katy to Brookshir. Katy is ineligible but Brook is.

Developers buy land in Brook and advertise 100% financing with USDA. Walla! Now your selling homes. Those developers do not need financing they just build them and sell them.

Not much need in the USDA market from what I have noticed
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
USDA does not have a construction program, but FHA does. FHA would require 3.5% down which is the lowest construction program I am aware of as most construction programs require at least 10% if not 20%. FHA would not also be income or geographically restricted. In smaller counties the max loan amount is 275,665 with a higher limits in metro areas.
aggie appraiser
I have seen USDA loans for new construction, but they were not custom built.
SteveBott
AG
That fits into my scenario of my last post.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Any loan program can finance a permanent loan assuming the builder is financing the construction. The hard part is the builder is not financing the construction. VA, FHA and Fannie all have a one time close product for when the buyer has to finance, but USDA does not.
JP76
Jay@AgsReward.com said:

USDA does not have a construction program, but FHA does. FHA would require 3.5% down which is the lowest construction program I am aware of as most construction programs require at least 10% if not 20%. FHA would not also be income or geographically restricted. In smaller counties the max loan amount is 275,665 with a higher limits in metro areas.

Are you able to underwrite a one time close FHA construction loan in BCS?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.