Real Estate
Sponsored by

Commute Time

2,653 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Serotonin
h_elise23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Me and my husband just bought in West Houston (Bear Creek; right by Energy Corridor) and I accepted a position in downtown Houston; I was wondering if anyone knew about the commute? I plan on working 7-4 so hopefully I can dodge some traffic. Any help or recommendations would be great!
rlb28
AG
Houston commute times
TX AG 88
AG
Use Waze, and good luck!
LauraHoward
https://www.downtownhouston.org/resource/transportation/ this may help you
dford05
AG
I recommend taking the bus in. Most days it takes 35 minutes in the morning during the time your leaving and about 45 in the afternoon.
LostInLA07
AG
Pretty much everyone starts around 7. Traffic will suck.

You'll be alright going home if you actually get out at 4. You're screwed if you are in the car past 4:15.
JSKolache
AG
Horrible, traffic will be horrible. Welcome to town!
Furlock Bones
AG
i always say that if you are moving to any big city that you don't know get up super early one morning and drive out to wherever it is you have been looking for houses. grab a cup of coffee and then start into work at what would be your normal drive time. then, drive back out there at the end of the work day.

you're spending a ton of money on a house. losing a few hours of sleep is worth it to know whether you'll be punching yourself over the commute.

but, you already bought. take the bus whenever you can. save your sanity.
water turkey
Ride the bus from Addicks Park and Ride.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Bear Creek? Just bought?

I hope you looked into the flooding history.
Satellite of Love
Based on the Tine board, its 15 minutes to downtown from any rural part of the town!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Serotonin
AG
Probably best to assume 1+ hour door to desk.

I live in Montrose and most commute maps would show that 5-10 minutes to downtown. Realistically it's 15 minutes during rush hour plus an additional 10 minutes for parking garage and elevators.

So 25 minutes door to desk for me living less than 3 miles away from work. So plan accordingly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.