Real Estate
Sponsored by

Insurance for flip

1,425 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Baba Ganoush
aggiebrad94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will close on my first flip next week. Any recommendations for insurance coverage / companies? Will need for no more than two months ( barring a disaster).
DantheAggie
AG
I'm am investor and the agent i use works exclusively with other investors and he is also an Aggie. Email me at danhunsucker@Hotmail.com
mncag
Make sure you discuss the Builders risk policy (usually needed for large rehabs) vs rental type policy that includes a vacancy policy.

As a hard money lender I often see insurance policies with no vacancy coverage, we cannot close and fund without proper coverage.

Baba Ganoush
AG
Here is the company I use for all my rentals and flips. Easy to setup and get a policy and it allows you to change occupancy status and coverage amounts at will without having to redo whole policies.

https://nreig.com/
CS78
Baba Ganoush said:

Here is the company I use for all my rentals and flips. Easy to setup and get a policy and it allows you to change occupancy status and coverage amounts at will without having to redo whole policies.

https://nreig.com/
Interesting. How are the prices?
LauraHoward
You can request a quot on this website.
Baba Ganoush
AG
Prices are pretty reasonable from what I remember. I haven't done a cost compare in a few years, but I'm a fan of how convenient it is to add/remove/update the policies as needed. With previous insurers, they would have to create a whole new policy, send it over for approval, then I'd have to write them a check, etc. With this group, you just go to the website and enter the specifics of the new property and they have my business CC on file so it charges directly to that. Or you can send them escrow information and they'll just pull it from the escrow account at your bank.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.