Real Estate
Sponsored by

FM 359 in Richmond

2,848 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TAMC11
Alta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are currently looking at a house on 359 on an acre in Texana Plantation. Really love the house but curious as to how the sports leagues, after school activities are these days in the area as it appears most young families are moving to Katy/Fulshear. We have three kids under 6.
RoseRichAg01
Dlion, there are a lot of young families along 359. Not as many as Fulshear/Katy, but that's because it's smaller and has fewer giant tract home subdivisions.

Texana (which has a good number of Aggie families with young kids) feeds into Frost Elm. It's been a good school for us so far.

As for sports, not sure what you're looking for--

Baseball: that'd be Lamar Little League, which is a big league with a lot of good players
Softball: Rose-Rich--my daughter doesn't play anymore, but the league seems to have plenty of players and parent support
Football: my kid plays flag in an Upwards league at Faith UMC, which is near Texana. There are some other flag leagues around the area and plenty of tackle kids teams
Basketball: my kid also plays in the Upwards league at Faith UMC for this. The Y in Richmond has youth basketball, too.
Volleyball: There are two nearby gyms with volleyball, both club and clinics for younger girls--Texas One on 723 and Catalyst next to Pecan Grove. Daughter has done both, and both are good.
Swimming: Pecan Grove CC has a neighborhood summer team. R&R at the HS natatoria in Rosenberg is another option that's a little more serious.
Gymnastics/Dance: My kids don't do them, but there are a **** ton of them.
Equestrian: again, they're everywhere
Tennis: Pecan Grove CC has lessons and some youth league stuff

As far as other after school activities, you can probably find what you want. Let me know if there's something specific that you're looking for.

Texana's a good kids' neighborhood. Trick or treating there tonight.

malenurse
AG
Glad to hear from RoseRichAg about Faith UMC, which is my church. In addition to their Upwards sports programs, they also have Faith School for Young Children which offers preschool.

As to sports activities, RR pretty much sums it up.
Alta
AG
RoseRich - thank you very much for the reply. You basically answered all my questions. I wasn't aware of the Faith UMC sports program so glad to hear it is there and so close.
JSKolache
AG
Not buying a flood house are you?
Alta
AG
JSKolache said:

Not buying a flood house are you?
No this house did not flood.
RoseRichAg01
No problem. Just let me know when you close so the title company can send me my part of the commission.
OnlyForNow
AG
You could look out on the west end of 359. Keeps you away from folks like RoseRich.
RoseRichAg01
That's the Montrose of 359.
OnlyForNow
AG
Hahaha it's safe even if we have kookie Neighbors.
malenurse
AG
Are you sure it's the neighbors that are kookie?
RoseRichAg01
To be fair, Only, I'm pretty much half way in between Texana and your neighborhood. The whole corridor is stuck with me.
OnlyForNow
AG
Probably the purple curtains in the front room you can see from the street.
malenurse
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Probably the purple curtains in the front room you can see from the street.
Hah! I know that house.
montanagriz
S
I live in Mccrary meadows next to Texana plantation. It appears to be a growing area
TAMC11
AG
TAMC11
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.