Real Estate
Sponsored by

Building near Gause, TX - Good/Bad?

1,669 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgFan247
txcajun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I own land outside of Gause, TX which is just west of Hearne, TX, about 8-10 miles, on the other side of the Brazos River. There really isn't much out there, and the people who do live outside of Gause seem nice, and own large ranches. My only concern is the proximity to Hearne, but we're not in the same county, as we're in Milam County. Any thoughts/concerns? Looking to build and live here for the long-term, putting kids in private school, grandparents are retired. My only worry is if we ever had to sell.

Thanks!
thann07
AG
txcajun said:

My wife and I own land outside of Gause, TX which is just west of Hearne, TX, about 8-10 miles, on the other side of the Brazos River. There really isn't much out there, and the people who do live outside of Gause seem nice, and own large ranches. My only concern is the proximity to Hearne, but we're not in the same county, as we're in Milam County. Any thoughts/concerns? Looking to build and live here for the long-term, putting kids in private school, grandparents are retired. My only worry is if we ever had to sell.

Thanks!
We have some of the property south of Gause.

The local elementary school is good, and I believe you have the option to go through Hearne, Milano (good school), or Cameron for upper levels. The local churches are good communities.

For shopping, you've got a small country store (Coats Grocery), which is very small but they are good people and have the basics. Otherwise, you're traveling into bigger cities.

I love it out there (being close to the ranch), but mostly spend weekends there. I'm not sure that I see any concern from Hearne. It's not like it's a fast growing place, and there is generally enough distance that people aren't going to cause problems or migrate through anything in Gause.

I'm not sure I'd see the appeal if it weren't for the cattle and land.
oklaunion
If I had to leave my place in the BCS area, I would move to either Milam or Booger Counties. I don' think you are wrong in your thinking. Mumford School District is nice.
94chem
Quote:

My wife and I own land outside of Gause, TX
Joe (JoJo) Moore, the Gause Ghost:

Joe Moore stats

He lived in the same retirement community as my grandmother in Bryan. A great man, passed away in 2001:

bio and obit
txcajun
AG
Thanks for all the feedback. I think we're going to go ahead with the decision to build.
AgFan247
AG
Quote:

If I had to leave my place in the BCS area, I would move to either Milam or Booger Counties. I don' think you are wrong in your thinking. Mumford School District is nice.
I realize the OP is sticking to private school, but...

If you are planning on using public school, better stick with Milam, after reading THIS article, Mumford soon may not be able to come into most of Booger County with their buses without an agreement with Hearne ISD..which will happen when hell freezes over I am sure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.