Real Estate
Sponsored by

I freaking hate this

2,444 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pepper Brooks
bthotugigem05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm so tired of realtors teasing with a "well it's down to another offer and you, if you were to do this and this it would probably put you in the lead" instead of a freaking written counteroffer (of course this is after asking for everyone's best and finals). I'm also tired of agreeing to do that nonsense which amounted to a bid $20k over list on a $235k house, $10k cash guarantee in case there are appraisal issues, $3000 earnest money, 5 day option period, and then having the realtor say they went with another bid and finally admitting that the other buyer was willing to do a 2-day option period.

This is after, of course, another listing where the seller's agent eavesdropped on us via their Nest cam, used that to figure out what to throw in, followed by telling us after the fact that the listing agent was in fact one of the owners of the home (wasn't listed on the tax appraisal, house was in wife's name) and retracting a counteroffer sent via text message because someone offered more than I did.

This stupid market in Dallas has lost its damn mind.
mwp02ag
AG
Damn, as an inspector I am always conscious that there may be cameras present and I always just assume they are present even if I don't see them. I never even considered that they may be eavesdropping on agents during the showings.
AgFromTN
AG
Went through the same thing in Houston in 2012. Finally got the 7th house we made an offer on, 4 of which were above asking.
bthotugigem05
AG
I'm about to just go nuclear on these garbage listing agents. Such a helpless position to be in and it's listing agents like those who give legitimate realtors a bad name.
gvine07
AG
Keep going... My wife and I had problems finding a home in 2015 (after we did in 2012 and 2013, too...). We put multiple offers above asking on homes and never got under contract. One wanted us to have a "kick-out clause" where they could kick us out of the contract if a better deal came along... Now I'm glad we didn't get that house.

We ended up in a place I wasn't excited about, but now that we're moved in, did some work, and have a baby I couldn't be happier. We have 2 sets of grandparents within 10 minutes and our neighborhood feeds into great schools. It's also a lot closer to jobs than other places we were looking.

We got our house because an idiot tried to sell by owner but he didn't know what he was doing. We ended up getting a great deal.

There is hope! Don't settle! And if you do settle, settle wisely We settled on a home in McKinney in 2013 and 20-months later we left with a big check
Shooter McGavin
AG
The Dallas market is softening up. Just keep looking.
bthotugigem05
AG
This backyard is too good to pass up though imo: https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Dallas-TX/house_type/26850691_zpid/38128_rid/2-_beds/200000-350000_price/742-1298_mp/globalrelevanceex_sort/32.869729,-96.690996,32.848028,-96.727302_rect/14_zm/0_mmm/

I'm agreeing to be a contracted backup just in case but under better terms for me.
FincAg
AG
That has tear down rebuild written all over it.
bthotugigem05
AG
FincAg said:

That has tear down rebuild written all over it.
Agreed, that's what I would be hoping to do someday when I have a family. For a mid-30's single dude it's about the most perfect house+yard combo ever.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Just throwing this out there, we have a program where we can close in 10 days or so with no financing contingency (after you are pre-approved of course.) We have used for buyers to cut through all the BS you are dealing with with some good success. My email is my screen name here if you have any questions.
dpryor
AG
I've seen buyers bring an inspector with them on the first or second look and make an offer with 0 day option period. It's a bit risky, but if you find something recently renovated, then there shouldn't be a lot of needed repairs to negotiate over. Also good for those who plan to do their own renovations. I'm an agent here in DFW and would be happy to help you if you don't have an agent. By the way, if I came across a listing agent who didn't disclose that they were an owner, related to the owner, or had a camera to eavesdrop on potential buyers, I would report them to their broker and TREC in heartbeat.
Doug Pryor
REALTOR®
JP & Associates REALTORS®
817-307-0987
dougpryorREALTOR@gmail.com
http://www.dougpryorREALTOR.com
gig em 02
Who is your agent?
Pepper Brooks
AG
My wife and I went through your exact situation 2 years ago in north Dallas. We're in our late 20's and ended up looking for nearly exactly 1 year. We started at $250k and upped our budget as we were able to save more. We eventually figured out that the market softened dramatically once you got around $310k and were able to get a newer house(built in 2004) for about $5k over list. This is compared to the $20-25k over list that we were seeing sub-300k.

Stick with it, you'll find one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.