Real Estate
Sponsored by

How did you find your inspector?

817 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mwp02ag
Jemotz13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My husband is a licensed home inspector in the B/CS area and is having a heck of a time getting his business started. He has been handing out business cards and fliers to area realtors and is a member of the realtors association, but it has not gotten him much business.

Did you find your home inspector from your realtors recommendation, or did you look somewhere else? Is there any other way we can get some more exposure?
dallasiteinsa02
He needs to build a reputation. If I was him, I would offer free seller consultations. I am talking about the situation were the buyer has inspected the house and asked for a list of repairs. He offers a no charge consultation to come in and look at the specific list. It wouldn't take long. He would then get to know the seller agents in a real world situation and also be in a position to get their inspection when they buy.
Know1
AG
Give me a shout and I'll be happy to help where I can.
dpryor
AG
He should speak directly with local brokers and see if any of them have a preferred vendors list and ask how to get on it. Also, title companies and local mortgage lenders tend to sponsor many events for Realtors, so he can speak with them about becoming a co-sponsor for those events. Finally, offering pre-listing inspections is a great idea, even before there is a contract on a listing. I am an agent (in DFW), and my inspector does this for me on all of my listings. It isn't free, but for a nominal fee ($50-$100) he does a check of everything and notifies me and the seller of any items that will likely be brought up by a buyer, so we can decide whether or not to go ahead and have them fixed. No report generated, so it is only an hour or two of time and a conversation with the seller and agent.
mwp02ag
AG
Assuming he does not posses his Professional Real Estate Inspector and has a sponsor, I would lean on the sponsor to help get started. I was able to use my experience as an electrician and project manager in the home building industry to start as a Real Estate Inspector and was required to have a sponsor. I was blessed to be able to step into 8-10 inspections per week right off the bat thanks to the volume my sponsor and his partner receive.

They had an outstanding reputation after 7 years in business and they began my career by sending me leads. I was able to quickly build a list of my own reputation and have been able to fill about 3-5 inspections a week on my own now. I am also carving out a nice niche in new build phase inspections thanks to my time a home builder.

I know how incredibly blessed I have been with my experience and I do not imaging it is a common occurrence to hit the ground running like I did, but used one thing I've learned about building wealth is that in order to become wealthy you must be willing to make others wealthy.

Find out whoever is at the top of the list of inspectors in BCS and go to work for them. He will build his network FAST if he learns from the mistakes of those who've already made them.
WestTXag18
MWP, I have a question regarding an inspection on a home we just had done in San Antonio. Would you be willing to email me? Edit - Nevermind I think we figured it out.
JSKolache
AG
I used a rec from a satisfied coworker
sir charles
sir charles
mwp02ag
AG
Email sent sir!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.