Real Estate
Sponsored by

Property management companies- Bryan/college station

1,039 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by hopeandrealchange
oldarmy76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know this has been done many times, but wanted to see what current thoughts were on who was doing the best job in town. At this point, I'd rather pay a couple percent more and get reasonable service.
A few musts:
Will talk to me on the phone or return a call if I have an issue to discuss
No glaring conflict of interest with vendors
Willing to get more than one bid for expensive repairs over $500-$1000
Have more than one "good" vendor to call for routine services like plumbing.

Any suggestions would be great. My properties went from incredible income producing properties to money pits concurrent with my decision to pass on some simple responsibilities to a local property management company. Please don't ask who. Just looking for recommendations on who is good and perhaps thoughts on who to avoid.
CS78
oldarmy76 said:

Please don't ask who. Just looking for recommendations on who is good and perhaps thoughts on who to avoid.
So is everyone else. If you had a bad experience you should be willing to share, if asking others to do the same.
oldarmy76
I get it. Just trying to reach some resolution on some issues and move management to a new company. Would prefer that resolution to happen prior to airing current dirty laundry on a message board.
Firechick1121
AG
I'm not an investor (I wish I was), but have heard strong opinions against Equity and At Home. Both have misrepresented themselves to the investors on issues. Equity will enter without permission and At Home does not do "make ready" but says they do (painting over bugs & tossing trash into yard and not cleaning up at any point).
hopeandrealchange
I was in your shoes this time last year. I hired what was supposed to be the best management team in town. That was truly a bad experience. They are so confused they still have not billed me for one of my homes they leased. I have called them twice and asked for an invoice and I contacted the owner once asking for an invoice. I will not bring it up again. I am back managing my own properties.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.