Real Estate
Sponsored by

TV advice in College Station

1,116 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mr_mo8268
edsel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
this is maybe a little off subject, but just bought a house in CS and need advice on Direct versus Suddenlink. I have Direct where I live now and like it except for it not working when it rains. Does suddenlink support the ESPN app? I enjoy watching college sports on my i-pad. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
CEAg78
AG
Yes, I use the ESPN app with Suddenlink a lot.
Tex82
Maybe a little more information then you're asking for, but consider the options below if you're looking to use the Apps for streaming sports since I know Suddenlink and Directv can be extra pricey. Our only choice for internet in Georgetown is Suddenlink. It's $70 a month for the unlimited plan. I've been using Sling or Directv Now for tv the past 6 months and have enjoyed it. Both give you access to the ESPN, Fox Sports Go, and many other apps. The 100 and 200 Mbps speed plans with Suddenlink are enough to stream multiple streams at once in the same house.

Both give you a week free trial so try each one and see what you like the best. I have switched back and forth because Direct keeps sending me 1/2 off codes, and other offers after I cancel. I prefer Sling overall but both have their pros and cons. (Directv Now currently is beta testing DVR.)

Suddenlink with Internet, 2 receivers and DVR was almost 160 a month with very outdated equipment. With Internet and one of the two streaming services we're down to $90 - $100 a month.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Suddenlink is miserable. If I wasn't forced to have it at our place in CS, I'd have DirecTV without question.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.