Real Estate
Sponsored by

Question for the agents on this board

1,297 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mgreen
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This isn't a property question per say, but more a procedural question...

When or how are agents required to remove listings from the MLS after they have sold?

The reason I am asking is because 4 house have sold in our neighborhood in the past 2 months, all new owners have moved in, but two of the houses still show as "contract pending" on websites such as Realtor.com, zillow, etc... I know these pull from the MLS system, so when are agents required to update the listing? The other two houses are no longer showing up.

We are wanting to list our house, but we don't want it to look like there are more properties for sale in the immediate area than there really are.

And we are in College Station if that matters.
SoTheySay
S
In CS I believe we have 24 hours. Most people do it the same day as funding.

It could be that these people are doing temp leases until closing. Otherwise, if they've closed and are not saying SLD in BCS MLS the agents are likely in violation. I honestly haven't run into it too much here. And pending is better than that many available!
AggieAces06
AG
I know one for sure is sold because we are friend with the seller, and the new owners moved in three weeks ago. The other is listed as a contingency, so maybe the people who loved in are leasing until the sale is final.
aggie appraiser
Just call the agent and ask them to update the listing. No need to make it something bigger than it is.
AggieAces06
AG
I'll ask our old neighbor to ask their agent. I'm not looking to make trouble. Just annoyed and wanted to know what the proper procedure is supposed to be.

I did ask the other agent, and I was correct about the new owners leasing until the sale is final.
jmazz
AG
It could be that those 3rd party sites are inaccurate. They're supposed to 'live sync' with our MLS but you just never know how accurate they are b/c as Realtors we only 'mess' with the actual MLS system. We have nothing to do with Realtor.com, Zillow, etc. so if those sites fail to pick up an edit (like change in pictures, property description, etc) or a change in status...that's something on their end.
AggieAces06
AG
I had the same thought about he websites not beinn accurate. But for them to all be wrong, I'm going with the thoughts that it's stemming from the MLS.

Again, no a huge problem. Just an annoyance.
Bill Robbins
AG
AggieAces06,

I am surprised no one has asked this yet: "Have you found a Realtor to list your house? I'm ready and here to help."

--- Bill Robbins'81
voorheesdn
AG
Echoing everyone else here. MLS happens same day or next as funding of loan.

Realtor.com, Zillow, Redfin, etc will drag on that process for a long time occasionally. They are advertising sites so it doesn't help them to take homes off of their sites.
voorheesdn
AG
Double post
greaw
I would suggest you to contact websites like zillow, realtor.com as you have mentioned in your post. Tell them that those properties has already been sold out and the website Admin can remove those listed profiles. I am sure they will help you.
mgreen
That is the problem with those sites. They are not accurate or up to date. Sign in to the local MLS system as a guest and get accurate information.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.