Real Estate
Sponsored by

Purchasing a 1 acre lot in New Braunfrls

1,706 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SquirrellyDan
SquirrellyDan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im thinking of purchasing a ~1 acre lot in the Havenwood subdivision near New Braunfels. The plan is to build within the next couple of years. Not knowing exactly what our finances will be at that time, I'm wondering if I could expect to easily sell the lot in a few years if we decide against building.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts if youre familiar with theb subdivision.
ArbAg
AG
Yeah, I know the referenced subdivision. Obviously, NB is in the path of growth between Austin and SA so, assuming you buy the lot at a reasonable basis, you should be able to sell it for premium in a few years.
DriftwoodAg
AG
If you can get a good lot at a decent price, I wouldn't worry about selling it. The only lots I see having trouble are ones that are near creeks or that have steep grades/limited building site options

*this is a general observation of the area, I don't know any specifics about that neighborhood
AggiePlaya
AG
If most if not all lots are gone in the next year, you can feel pretty good about your chances of selling quickly
PFG
AG
If you're interested in a bigger piece, I have a 6.67 acre lot for sale. NW of town off 46. Smithson Valley schools.
histag10
AG
PFG said:

If you're interested in a bigger piece, I have a 6.67 acre lot for sale. NW of town off 46. Smithson Valley schools.

Such a nice area. My inlaws used to live off of 1863 near Schoenthal Rd. I loved that area, and acreage there always seemed bigger to me because of the trees I guess.
PFG
AG
Yeah it's a unique area of the hill country. A nice mix of oaks and elms, not just all scrub cedars.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Love that area too, but we (my wife) are pretty set on Havenwood.
2FatLabs
In 2007, I bought two 1 acre lots in Vintage Oaks, west of NB, same developer as Havenwood. After the bust of 2008/2009, I couldn't give them away. We eventually built on one and sold the other (at $25K less than purchase price). Now, the times are obviously different but I will never buy a lot again unless I'm ready to build. I had to pay taxes, interest, and POA fees for 4 years for no return. Just my $.02.
mtony77
AG
NB is blowing up so you will be able to sell, however prices are high right now and there is always a ton of inventory in Havenwood so you better buy it right.
Ragoo
AG
parents are likely selling their lot in copper ridge
PFG
AG
I'd sell in Copper Ridge too after the water debacle. What a mess. Did they get that sorted out?
SquirrellyDan
AG
Copper Ridge is nice, but I'd rather stay away from 46. I like how Havenwood has such easy access to 35.
Ragoo
AG
PFG said:

I'd sell in Copper Ridge too after the water debacle. What a mess. Did they get that sorted out?
not sure.

They also have a house listed in south bank.
Ragoo
AG
primomosquito said:

Copper Ridge is nice, but I'd rather stay away from 46. I like how Havenwood has such easy access to 35.
i assume you would be going to Austin more than SA?
SquirrellyDan
AG
I drive to SA, wife drives to Austin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.