Real Estate
Sponsored by

Questions about building a house

1,473 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by third coast..
Post removed:
by user
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
such an open ended question..not sure where to start .
I would suggest you first concentrate on WHERE
Until you firm up where you want to settle down there really isn't any point in examining anything else. Cost per sq/ft can vary by over 100% even within the same area of the same state. Building codes, restrictions, access to services etc. Building in the Carolina low country would be completely different than building in the Texas Hill Country in every respect. Building techniques and styles eve can vary.
I would seriously spend the time researching the where before bothering about the how for now.
SoTheySay
S
Completely agree. Where changes everything.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
The Original AG 76
AG
I would go over to Round Top and visit Texas Custom Homes. Good place to start in a beautiful area. One YUGE caution note on buying raw land. If it isn't served by power you may find that the cost of running poles and juice can be astronomical. Get a good LOCAL rural realtor and be careful.
histag10
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

I would go over to Round Top and visit Texas Custom Homes. Good place to start in a beautiful area. One YUGE caution note on buying raw land. If it isn't served by power you may find that the cost of running poles and juice can be astronomical. Get a good LOCAL rural realtor and be careful.

And then add in the cost of drilling a well and running pipe to house for water.

And digging and installing a septic tank.
Ragoo
AG
Why do you think you want to be so far from the coast?
The Fife
If you're looking around here (SC), TBH your best bet is realtor.com. Sale prices are not private like they are here, so if there are an address of two that you think would be examples of what you might like let me know and I can check up after someone closes.
JP76
When you say land?
What size are you thinking ?
50-100k isn't going to get you much in Brazos county.
And there are a ton of variables, such as power, septic, and water

For a custom house in BCS it will be all over the map.
A rough guess on 2500 heated is going to start around 135 sq ft and can get as high as 200 sq ft.
Add in power, septic, water well, and road and things start escalating fast. If you are just wanting like an acre lot in a subdivision and 2500 heated then 500k will get you that in college station.

Post removed:
by user
giddings_ag_06
AG
Just sent you a PM third coast..
The Original AG 76
AG
third coast.. said:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7259-Pleasant-Grove-Rd-Round-O-SC-29474/2095575564_zpid/

I know that is pretty far out of town, but that has just about everything i could ever want.

I will be home in a month and we will really start looking then. I really dont have any idea what we are going to do.

Just a note.
You are going to be very hard pressed to find a house that nice , that size on 10 acres with a lake and all of the glitz in the areas of Texas you seem to favor for that price. You may get lucky but , based on about 10 years of looking, I doubt you will be able to match that gem around here for $399k.
PFG
AG
Pretty neat little piece of property.

That house, on that land, in my neck of the woods - TX Hill Country- is going to be 2x that price. Minimum. Heck, sometimes just a raw 10 acres will go for $300-400,000 depending on the quality of the lot.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.