Real Estate
Sponsored by

another LLC legal question

792 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by unmade bed
Aggie@state.gov
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
for the crowd:

property next to mine is now owned by an LLC. I looked up who owns the LLC and there are 2 documents in the Tx SoS file: the certificate of formation in Aug of 2015 and a forfeiture of their charter by the SoS in Jan of 2017.

Question: how were they able to buy the property next to mine in May of 2017 and show the LLC as the legal owners on the Appraisal District site?
histag10
AG
LLC now registered in a different state?
Becoming a different type of corporation and haven't changed the deed yet?

Don't know about Texas, but here it takes the sos office quite a bit of time occasionally to update things. It's possible that it was forfeited for whatever reason, but has since been reinstated and that doc just never made it to the website.
jagvocate
AG
Never had a LLC issue, but once tangentially involved in an L.P. deal where the forfeited nature of the entity didn't stop its signed contract from being enforceable.
jagvocate
AG
gig em 02
Aggie@state.gov said:

for the crowd:

property next to mine is now owned by an LLC. I looked up who owns the LLC and there are 2 documents in the Tx SoS file: the certificate of formation in Aug of 2015 and a forfeiture of their charter by the SoS in Jan of 2017.

Question: how were they able to buy the property next to mine in May of 2017 and show the LLC as the legal owners on the Appraisal District site?

Username does not check out
Aggie@state.gov
AG
My username actually exactly matches.

Will just have to wait on the mystery. They are building a subdivision next to a piece of property I now own. Will have to see under what legal entity.

This is in Bryan.
unmade bed
If the entity paid cash for the property it's very possible that no one looked into their standing to do business in Texas at the time they acquired the property.

Probably had they charter forfeited for failure to file franchise tax report. This can be easily remedied.

Just wild ass guesses all around though
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.