Real Estate
Sponsored by

Rich SF residents get a shock: Someone bought their street

1,639 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DallasAggie0
ComeAndTakeIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Rich-SF-residents-get-a-shock-Someone-bought-11738236.php
"I was shocked to learn this could happen, and am deeply troubled that anyone would choose to take advantage of the situation and buy our street and sidewalks," said one homeowner, who asked not to be named because of pending litigation.

RK
AG
i would charge Pelosi $1MM/month to use the roadway/sidewalk.

that said, it's probably the wrong neighborhood of people to F with.
CS78
The residents will use their personal connections to win some BS lawsuit but in the meantime, good for the investors.
88jrt06
AG
QUICK.

Sell it to The Trump Organization.
U-Tube for head-explosions.
94chem
Throw toxic waste on the street, make a few phone calls, and those shacked up DINKS will rescind the sale themselves.
Agmechanic
AG
Id put up a toll booth
Leeman
Notice the people who live there (now and in the past) are all democrats politicians.
zap
AG
aggiepaintrain
AG
inside deal, period.
dmweaver-realtor
AG
There's got to be property (maybe a park or unsold lots?) included with the sale. I can't imagine they would just want to buy the streets. Doesn't seem like the ROI would be very high.
Endo Ag
AG
No property but asphalt and sidewalks. Street was owned by HOA. HOA didn't pay tax. People bought street, will hold others hostage for profit. Happened to a developer near me. Developer went bankrupt, somebody bought the .2 acres the gate sat on at auction, held the neighborhood hostage. Residents got access from a neighbor, but couldn't drive through the gate. Property value goes to ***** I drove by this week and it's apparently resolved after years of fighting. Not sure if resolved by bankers or lawyers.
DallasAggie0
How did a resident not just tear down the gate in the middle of the night? Seems like an easy solution
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.