Real Estate
Sponsored by

Relocating to Midland - Looking to Rent

1,102 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MR Gadsden
MR Gadsden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

My wife, class of 05 (I now call her Sugar Mama) and I are relocating from the Corpus area to Midland after she received a job offer that she simply couldn't turn down. The Aggie network really worked in her favor on this one as a fellow Ag got her resume to the right person at the right time. So I'm reaching out to the network again in hopes that you can help us find a place to live in the area.

First a little about us. I definitely out kicked my coverage when I married Coral. She's as smart as she is beautiful. We have 2 daughters ages 5 years old and 6 months, both thankfully take after their mother in looks. We also have 2 Paso Fino horses and 2 dogs. All of which we consider extended family members.

Coral will be working for an up and coming Oil and Gas company as their Senior Environment Analyst and I have owned my own IT consulting firm for the last 17 years. I'm in the process of selling that business and will hopefully close on that by Oct 15th. Between that money and Coral's signing bonus we should have enough money to pay cash for a place up in Midland with some land. But, until then we are looking for somewhere to rent. Our first choice would to be to find somewhere with horse facilities but at the very least we need a 3/2 that allows dogs. The horses have a home up in Hobbs with my sister for the time being.

We also own two houses in South Texas. One is in Corpus and is doing very well as an Airbnb. The other is our current home in Odem and is under remodel. So getting a third mortgage at this point in time may not be very easy. Once the house in Odem remodel is complete we will rent it out long term.

So as you can see we have a lot going on but its all good stuff. There never seems like a perfect time to move, but we will adjust and move forward.

If any Ags have a place they are looking to rent or lease with option that might fit our needs. Please email me at mrichline@richline.cc

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Richline Family

Odem house construction

Po and Franky

And if anyone is relocating to the Corpus area we will have a house available for rent this fall. It will be a 4/3 on 2.5 acres. With a barn, horse stalls, guest house/man cave and workshop.
jaggiemaggie
AG
#humblebrag. J/k. Have you checked the West Texas board?
MR Gadsden
Yep. got this posted in both places. Thanks.
TommyGun
AG
Welcome to Midland! My wife and I just relocated a few weeks ago from out of state. I'm sure you're already seeing this through online realty sites but the options are very limited as far as rentals go. Even the sales inventory is low for the area. Our realtor said that there were approximately 300 or so homes on the market in June while there were 800+ on the market earlier in the year. Needless to say, the area saw a big wave of folks coming in to the basin at the start of the year and rentals along with new homes have been quickly snatched up. I was told that many of the nicer rentals were being taken with 12 to 18 months of rent paid up front. You may need to expand your search to include surrounding towns. Even places like Big Spring aren't too bad of a drive for at least a short-term period.
LoneStarBQ
AG
Richline and TommyGun,

During the Oil Boom recently, Midland built a lot of new apartments and houses, but there are not many rent houses on the market to choose from.

I own a Title Insurance Company here in Midland and I understand the frustration you are feeling. If you want to reach out and ask advice about Real Estate Agents or Mortgage Companies, my email is Jack@LoneStarAbstract.com.

A short term lease may be the answer until you can get your current home sold.

Let me know.
LoneStarBQ Fightin' Texas Aggie Band Class of 89 Midland, TX
histag10
AG
TommyGun said:

Welcome to Midland! My wife and I just relocated a few weeks ago from out of state. I'm sure you're already seeing this through online realty sites but the options are very limited as far as rentals go. Even the sales inventory is low for the area. Our realtor said that there were approximately 300 or so homes on the market in June while there were 800+ on the market earlier in the year. Needless to say, the area saw a big wave of folks coming in to the basin at the start of the year and rentals along with new homes have been quickly snatched up. I was told that many of the nicer rentals were being taken with 12 to 18 months of rent paid up front. You may need to expand your search to include surrounding towns. Even places like Big Spring aren't too bad of a drive for at least a short-term period.

I wouldnt suggest Big Spring. Its a pretty awful place. I would look at Stanton, Greenwood, Odessa, Andrews, and maybe Lenorah if someone out there is renting anything.

Finding rentals with land that will allow horses will likely be challenging.
TommyGun
AG
Thanks Jack! I'm actually closing on a house tomorrow. We found a nice home right off 349 in one of the newer neighborhoods.
MR Gadsden
Thanks all for the input! We are heading up today to look at a couple of houses. One we looked at previously and have our eyes on for a short term lease with option. God's got this. We look forward to our adventure and I'll reach out to those that have posted on here. Thanks and Gig em!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.