Real Estate
Sponsored by

Builder - Southgate Homes in DFW

1,181 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Absolute
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone in the industry know anything about Southgate Homes in DFW?

They've only been around about 4 years. Homes are kind of modern/transitional style. My wife and I have checked out communities in Allen and Carrolton. They appear to be well built, but I'm by no means an expert.

The founder is a guy named Jay Hankla.

If anyone has any information about their quality/reputation I'd love to hear it. We're thinking of moving closer to our office since Toyotathon is killing our commute from east Allen/Lucas area. West Allen doesn't help much, but there's a neighborhood called "Austin Waters" in Carrolton that seems to be nice. There are still two really nice lots that are up high overlooking a creek/wooded area. Commute isn't the only thing - there's a ton of reasons we want to move, and a ton of reasons we want to stay where we are currently. I'm just trying to get as much info as possible to minimize making a purely emotional decision.

Schools are Lewisville ISD which I ~think~ is kind of lower end, especially coming from Lovejoy, but we don't have kids so I only care from a longer term value standpoint.
Bonfire1996
AG
High quality builder.
That is Hebron high, which is higher end than most other Lewisville ISD schools
Austin Waters will have a pretty high volume train going right next to it within a 100 yards. Just an FYI.
Cindy Massengale
I am a real estate agent in Frisco and have a client who is currently building a home with Southgate homes in The Canals at Grand Park in Frisco. They are closing Aug. 31. We have been very impressed with the process from the beginning but we ran into an issue with the roof right before closing. Our Third party roof inspector found some problems. The way it has been handled is impressive and today I got a call from the owner of the company assuring me that everything will be done to the buyer's satisfaction. I will post again after closing but in 29 years of selling new construction, I can tell you that this is the first time I have gotten a call from the owner of the company. I am a fan.
Absolute
AG
I have inspected several at the new construction or one year warranty point {in that canals development and over in Carrollton} and have been impressed. Seem well built and I haven't had any worth major issues yet. Clients have reported being very satisfied and happy with the customer service.

Have also done two moisture investigations with infrared which they paid for over in flower Mound where they wanted to make sure they had found and solved a roof leak issue.

While it is a limited sample pool, I would say they show potential to be very good. I would consider them if I were looking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.