Real Estate
Sponsored by

Contract Broken House in College Station Back on Market

1,812 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jac4
Mmetag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well after 53 days of being under contract my buyers decided "since theres no mineral rights we're backing out"
(Its in a neighborhood in College Station of course there is no mineral rights anymore)
So if you're looking for a house please give ours a look.
Thanks
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/17599-Lariat-Ln_College-Station_TX_77845_M73344-04854
Bill Robbins
AG
I hope you were able to keep their earnest money.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Run by your place almost every morning. Nice lot with all the trees in back.
CS78
What was selected in your listing for minerals conveying? 99% of homes should be listed as unknown unless you are actively trying to reserve rights as part of the transaction. For some reason agents seem to think they should select "NO" which can create an issue where one never existed. I hate that it's even on there.
Wicked Good Ag
I have nothing to add but my son looked at the house when I opened the site and wants to live in the "mine craft house"
jja79
AG
53 days? What was the time period between execution date of the contract and closing date? Was there no financing addendum? Was their loan approved?
The Original AG 76
AG
nice place.
who built your shop? i am looking at building similar
AgCPA95
AG
Sorry to hear that - very nice looking house.

I have mineral rights on two rental SFH in College Station subdivision so they do exist.
Mmetag10
AG
Thanks everyone. Yes we kept the earnest money. We loved the house but were relocated. When we signed the contract they asked for 60 days to close as they would be traveling. They were preapproved so we thought everything was good and were willing to wait. Then they pulled this number on us. Clearly they knew they were going to back out. (Which happens). But you probably knew 10 days in it wasnt gonna work. Why burn 53 days of prime market time. No use worrying about it though just trying to get it back out there.

As far as the shop do you mean the actual shop or the room inside. The shop was existing when i bought the place. The rooms were added on later. I do not know who built the actual shop.
jac4
AG
We liked that house a lot. Considered buying it in 2012 or 2013. Ended up building in the same neighborhood.

Good luck next time around.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.