Real Estate
Sponsored by

Houston ITL FSBO?

1,544 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AggieT12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to sell Houston ITL, 77008. Has anyone done FSBO and had success? Only had the house for 2 years so looking at options to get the most back that I can.
gvine07
AG
If you have meaningful real estate experience and can ensure that you have a perfect contract then FSBO is the way to go. 3% to a sellers agent is a lot!

My wife and I bought a house from an idiot that would have made more money and had less headaches if he would have had helped from a competent person/realtor. He had no idea what he was doing with the contract and we got our house for a lot less than we otherwise would have. If the buyer was a lawyer or Yankee I'm sure the seller would have gotten sued because he was so incompetent.

Good luck either way!
SnowboardAg
AG
Nm
chuckd
AG
I would never do FSBO unless I had a buyer in hand before I was going to list AND I didn't care that much about how much money I made. If you don't fall into both of those, then it must be a strong seller's market which 77008 is not. And you still have to come up with a list price. Hopefully you're no more than 3% off because you'll either lose money (which is the original objective) or never see a showing.
Copa515
AG
I would recommend creekview realty and go with their "full representation" for $1195. I saved about $6500 in commission and several thousand dollars more when it came to negotiations.

I would caution you that you will have to do more work than you would have to do with a conventional agent but if you were willing to do fsbo I would assume that's not a problem. The most important thing you need to do is do your homework on the list price. Their cma is pretty much useless but I expected that as they are not local.

* I edit to add that the only mistake I feel like I made was doing fsbo first. I feel like that was a wast of time and I was in a strong sellers market.
I'll match all of Creekview's plans and am actually located nearby.
Ag$08
FYI, ITL Houston is moving pretty slow at the moment.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Told this story before but I'll say it again. Spring of '15 was a madhouse in west Houston(kirkwood/memorial area.
I was trying to buy this guys house which was a fsbo. House was probably worth 475k, I offered 500k. He fsbo for 580k. I negotiated him down to 515 and he threatens to list it on HAR if I don't lift it. I tell him to **** off. And he lists it for 540. 2 months later drops to 525, then 500, then 480, then 460, finally sells 8 months later for 445k.

Moral of the story, make sure u know what the **** you are doing.
AggieT12
AG
Thanks for the advice everyone. Things are moving a little quicker than I'd like. Relocating for a job and won't be in Houston much longer. Going to go with a Real Estate agent to make sure things are done right.
Diggity
AG
I would love the chance to talk if you haven't chosen an agent yet. I've helped dozens of TexAgs posters and over the past 12 years.
Martin Q. Blank
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Told this story before but I'll say it again. Spring of '15 was a madhouse in west Houston(kirkwood/memorial area.
I was trying to buy this guys house which was a fsbo. House was probably worth 475k, I offered 500k. He fsbo for 580k. I negotiated him down to 515 and he threatens to list it on HAR if I don't lift it. I tell him to **** off. And he lists it for 540. 2 months later drops to 525, then 500, then 480, then 460, finally sells 8 months later for 445k.

You clearly didn't.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

You clearly didn't.

You clearly don't know anything about that market and what happened January 2015 to August 2015.

Martin Q. Blank

Martin Q. Blank said:

You clearly didn't.
You clearly don't know anything about that market and what happened January 2015 to August 2015.
I know a house sold for $445k which you were willing to pay $515k for.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
A house with the exact same appraisal sold for 510 3 weeks before his started
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.