Real Estate
Sponsored by

Insanity in Waco

8,877 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aezmvp
SoTheySay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Very pretty. Unfortunate, really.
johnrth

Street view before renovations... Thats a nice jump the car did. Would love to see the security footage.

street view

Diggity
AG

at least they had easy access to live bait across the street.
The Collective
AG
Wow
SoTheySay
S
I cannot let this go. I've spent way too much time browsing the sex offender registry plugging in their address.
TXTransplant
johnrth said:

Quote:

A suspected drunk driver plowed into a 'Fixer Upper' home and the owners say they feel 'deceived' by the show
http://www.wacotrib.com/news/city_of_waco/car-smashes-into-fixer-upper-house/article_bb418fb0-0e9e-5d5a-80e9-cc659032e3e6.html?block_id=1367108

Quote:

After the wreck Saturday she said she wonders why Magnolia Realty showed them a property in such an area and why the city hasn't done more to reply to their complaints.

Quote:

"We have been intimidated and harassed," Kelly Downs said. "People have complained about their taxes going up because we moved here. Store owners have complained about taxes."
What did they expect when they bought a house for $35,000?

Bought a $35k house and then put $215k into renovating it. Can you say over-improved for the neighborhood?
AggieAces06
AG
As much as I like the show, I hate that they never show the surrounding neighborhood. Which makes me wonder why the buyers don't look around a little bit? There are reasons the houses are that cheap...

I did see one episode the other day that they actually panned down the street, and you could actually tell it was a more upscale area. Older, but nicer. Larger houses and well manicured lots. That's the area that I would be looking for. Pay more for the house upfront in a better area and need less on the "re-hab".
water turkey
I thought their motto was to "buy the cheapest house in the nicest neighborhood"?

Looks like they just buy crappy houses in crappy neighborhoods.
Quinn
AG
water turkey said:

I thought their motto was to "buy the cheapest house in the nicest neighborhood"?

Ha. yeah, I've told my wife that I don't know why they say that line because it's definitely not true.
AgLiving06
It's interesting because it has also come out that several couples on the show already owned the home prior to the show airing.

Some of the homes on that show are clearly in bad neighborhoods, but it seems like the homeowner should have known that...I mean they see the houses (and surrounding neighborhoods before they pick one right?
Diggity
AG
does Waco have a ton of good neighborhoods?
MGS
Olag00 said:

I believe this is the front of the house before wreck which would explain the "built up" portion of the front of house causing the car to go airborne.:

And after:

DallasAggie0
This dude do a 90 degree turn right into the living room?
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Inside, Ken Downs picked through a floor covered with rubble, broken ceramics and electronics, books and splintered shiplap for anything salvageable from his home office.

OH NO!! Not the shiplap..............
Quinn
AG
MGS said:

Olag00 said:

I believe this is the front of the house before wreck which would explain the "built up" portion of the front of house causing the car to go airborne.:

And after:

Looks like they were able to re-use the shiplap for a consisten inside/outside look.
johnrth
DallasAggie0 said:

This dude do a 90 degree turn right into the living room?

Google view shows the house is right in the middle of a t intersection. Dude probably blew the stop sign into the house.
TresPuertas
AG
water turkey said:

Or, you know, Waco

aezmvp
Also depends on budgets.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.