Real Estate
Sponsored by

Lake Property - What to look for?

1,208 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by schwack schwack
Corps_Ag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at purchasing a lake property & I found a few I'm interested in but am curious in regards to financing terms for the following situations:

- raw land on lake/cove
- land with mobile home that has been made permanent with additions, VERY nice dock. On lake cove
- land with permanent structure & dock

If it matters, looking at lake granbury.

TIA
evestor1
I'm experienced with this!

It is the same as any other purchase...what are the comps. I'm not sure on trailers though.

With that said, I once had a particular property appraised 3 times. Once at baseline, second at .66 baseline, and third at 1.5 baseline.

Lake property is unique. Pic a good realtor and they will help you with their experience.
redass1876
AG
Take a good hard look at all deed restrictions before you get too deep into this one
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

Lake Property - What to look for?
FEMA maps
schwack schwack
AG
This has nothing to do with financing, but find out how low the water level went a few years ago during the big drought. Try to buy on a spring fed lake if possible - we did & it was down during that time, but be could always get in & out of the boathouse.

edit to note: once the water came back up in other lakes, we saw tons of properties that had no water at their docks go up for sale....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.